Part-6

"Lunch?" Jungkook crooked his brows before looking at his wrist watch. There were still 10 minutes left for lunch break and the way he has seen you working these few weeks, you were the type of person to work till you were reminded to eat.

"Tae, I am already full." You scrunched your face when the black suit cladded devilishly handsome man in front of you forwarded a spoonful of rice towards your lips. "Have you seen yourself Y/n? I am afraid that if a storm arrives then you will fly away with it." He spoke in an uber serious voice.

You looked at him with squinted eyes before he broke his straight lips into a boxy smile which made you smile too at him. Jungkook gulped a lump down his throat witnessing his wife laughing and eating with someone who wasn't him and a thought crossed his mind.

"I was never able to make her laugh that way."

"You never changed Ta-" You stopped speaking, feeling someone walk and stand by your table inside the restaurant you were having lunch. Looking up, you found a pair of hazel brown eyes, now turning green, glare down at you and Taehyung.

"Jungkook?" You quipped which gained Taehyung's attention as well and he averted his gaze from the food to look at the direction you were looking with a mouth stuffed with food. Pulling a random chair from another table set, Jungkook sat with you and Taehyung, still looking blankly at you.

"What are you doing here?" "Lunch!!" He replied shortly, almost cutting you off in between. "Hello Jungkook. Kim Taehyung here. Do you remember me? I have attended yours and Y/n's wedding-" "No I don't remember." Jungkook interrupted Taehyung before taking the juice which you were drinking earlier and sipped from it nonchalantly.

You licked your lower lip awkwardly before looking at Taehyung who just smiled at you before resuming to eat silently. "Hey, eat your food before it turns cold." Taehyung reminded you after the waiter came and placed lunch for Jungkook. You looked at Jungkook from the corner of your eyes only to find him throwing daggers at Taehyung who was unbothered.

You sighed and moved your spoon to scoop some soup until Taehyung put some mushrooms on your plate. It was his habit to feed others while eating himself and you found it absolutely normal but it wasn't normal for the other man who threw a sharp glare at you before picking up those mushrooms and shifting it back to Taehyung's plate.

"I don't know how close you two are but you absolutely don't know Y/n and that she is allergic to mushrooms." Jungkook spoke through gritted teeths and you drank some water as the atmosphere grew thick with awkwardness. Taehyung smiled a little before apologizing to you.

"It's alright Tae, at least you don't use people and then throw them out of your life as if they never mattered." You forced a smile at him while Jungkook took a sharp breath at your words. The lunch ended with utter uneasiness as you thought about spending some time with your best friend whom you last met at your wedding before he went abroad for his work purpose but your husband ruined that.

"Tae?" You heard his familiar voice as he entered inside your cabin after following you from the restaurant. "Nice." He nodded his head putting up a forced smile. You sighed before turning to face him. "What do you want now?" You folded your arms, looking directly at him.

"I don't know, you tell me." He too looked at you, but not with his regular softness. There was an underlying insecurity breathing in those doe shaped eyes. "Is this guy that 'mysterious' man Y/n?" He took a step towards you, hinting on the news which he saw this morning.

"Whatever, Jungkook." You turned to move but he held your arm before pulling you closer to him. "Is he the reason that you are divorcing me?" He tried to look into your eyes while you wriggled in his hold to make him loosen his grip. "Let go." You glared at him but he was unfazed.

"Tell me Y/n. Will you marry him after divorcing me?" He had you in his arms by then removing his hold from your arms and shifted his hands on your waist. "Are you drunk or what? Leave me." You pushed his chest but he tightened his hold with every push from you. "Jungkook, this is my office." "And I don't care. I don't." His eyes turned red and you stopped struggling.

"What if I marry him? I am not planning to stay a divorcee all my life after all." You snapped at him and he widened his eyes a little. "Y/n." "You have already embarrassed me enough in front of him today. Please don't embarrass me in front of my employees at least." You softened your voice seeing the sadness that filled up in his eyes.

"I embarrass you?" His eyes glistened while you gulped a lump down your throat. "You were smiling at him. So much! I didn't like it at all." He shook his head. "Then I can't help it. You don't stand in a position anymore where I will provide you with any sense of security." You replied in a calm voice.

"I am still your husband." He enforced it. "We will be divorced soon." "Will you marry him after that?" He gritted his teeths. "So what if I do?" You looked at his tears dropping down his eyes. "That's why you are so eager to divorce me." He sniffed his tears while you let out a dry chuckle.

"You were the one who asked for a divorce. Not me." You pushed him but he flinched back and held your waist again. "That's because I thought that you were suffocating in this marriage. I thought that you don't deserve someone like me. I thought that you didn't want to live with me. But I was expecting you to at least question my decision. At least deny it for once."  He confessed with teary eyes and panicked voice.

You looked at him intently for a couple of seconds before gritting your teeths. "Now that you have already taken all the decisions on my behalf, let me do whatever I want to do." You finally set yourself free from him. As you were about to leave your cabin he walked at a fast pace and took you in a back hug.

Wrapping his beefy arms around your waist, he leaned his head beside yours, raising your heartbeats to its maximum level. "Do you like him Y/n?" He asked in a mellow voice, uncertainty wavering through his sound. "Will you really marry him?" He pressed his lips harder while you felt some warm drops of tears on your shoulder.

"You never tried to understand me Jungkook. You never tried to communicate with me and now when you are seeing your chances slipping away, you are coming back to me. Why did you ask for a divorce when you never wanted to leave me? And why on earth did you even expect me to deny the divorce when I was never sure about you wanting to stay with me?? You just thought about yourself. That's it. That's the truth!! You are a selfish person."

You wiped away your own tears before forcefully jerking out of his hold. "This time I will decide things my way and don't you worry…." You turned to look at him with your eyes filled with tears of fury. "I will invite you to my wedding with Taehyung." You placed your hand above his cheek before caressing his skin and then walked away.

He stood there motionlessly, your words ringing in his ears while his eyes became blank and heart turned cold. Such were the effects that you left behind as he saw the love of his life slipping away from him. Forever.

______________________________________