Part-4

Jungkook's body slightly trembled as the cold breeze struck his warm skin and he cocooned himself under the duvet covering him. His subconscious state didn't let his thoughts rest from the owner of those charcoal black eyes who was successful in building a complete villa inside his heart.

"Y/n…" He murmured in his half slumber, his eyes fluttering and struggling to open properly as he burnt in fever. You reached his place in no time and directly scooted upstairs to his room which was once yours too. "Jungkook…" He heard the voice which he was yearning to hear and this time his eyes opened to welcome your worried face.

Even his sickness couldn't prevent him from staring at your face, which was looking dull with worried lines embracing your forehead. You sat beside him on the bed where he was lying and placed your hand above his forehead. "Goshh you are burning!!!" You exclaimed.

"Why aren't you taking any medicines?" You questioned him while opening the drawer and taking out a first aid box. "And why the hell didn't you eat anything?" Your voice raised a little as you took out a thermometer. He quietly watched you scolding him and let his cold heart fill up with the same warmth which he missed.

"Open your mouth." You quipped and he obeyed like a child. "Such a careless person you are." You chirped after seeing he had a high fever. "Did you freshen up yet or have you been sleeping since yesterday night?" You asked him and he shook his head, indicating he didn't do anything.

"Get up." You removed the duvet before holding his arms properly and making him sit on the bed. He hissed as his body was paining. Aftereffects of fever. You carefully took him to the washroom before lending him his brush smeared with toothpaste.

"I am calling doctor uncle and also making some porridge for you. You better don't throw any tantrums at me." You glared at him before leaving him in the washroom. He smiled to himself while brushing his teeths and looking at the mirror simultaneously.

As an hour rolled down, his family doctor arrived and you led him towards his room. "Young man, why do you drink when you can't tolerate alcohol?" The doctor quipped at Jungkook while checking him up. "Because he wants to bring trouble for himself." You were quick enough to pass a taunt accompanied with a glare at him making him groan while the doctor smiled a little.

"Give him the same medicine Y/n which he usually takes when he gets a fever. Also make sure he takes his meal on time." You nodded your head at the doctor who checked up on Jungkook and left. "Now, have this." You mouthed with a straight face before scooping a portion of porridge and oats in a spoon and bringing it near his lips.

"This…" He scrunched his nose, disheartened at the sight of the food but sensing your staunch glare at him, he opened his mouth to eat. "Why weren't you taking any medicines? And why on earth did you even drink in the first place when you know that you can't handle it?" You gritted your teeths while he kept mum, silently eating.

"Do you even care?" He spoke after a minute's silence which stopped your movements. "You don't care about what I do and not, so let me just drink, catch a fever and die of it." He snarled, his emotions taking over him. You looked into his pain laced eyes for a few seconds, yourself trapping the tears behind your eyes while your heart clenched painfully at his words.

"Exactly. Why would I care?" You chirped in a low voice and continued to feed him. His eyes became blurry with tears which dropped down his cheek. "Just eat." You mouthed difficulty and wiped his tears with your other hand. "Even now you are behaving so aloof." He mouthed sadly and you couldn't believe he was the same quiet guy who was himself so aloof.

"Why are you crying Jungkook?" You again wiped his tears and fed him his broth. "My eyes. I can cry if I want to." He sniffed but still ate from you. After making him drink some water, you gave him his medicine which he gladly took this time. "Will you leave now?" He asked meekly after you made him lay down again on the bed.

"Sleep Jungkook." You mumbled, your heart falling weak before those big doe shaped eyes, sparkling at you with so much innocence and want. "Y/n…" He held your palm as you were about to get up. "I don't know…" His eyes started burning as he looked at you.

You sat quietly on the bed when he moved a little and placed his head above your lap. "I don't know Y/n but it hurts me." He held your hand tightly and you couldn't help but place your hand above his head. "It hurts me when you behave so professionally with me." He confessed, snuggling himself closer to you.

"When I return back home, there is no one to wait for me Y/n. No one to look at me. This place doesn't feel like home to me." Your eyes teared up as he spoke to you in a low and wavering voice. "It's alright. You are just habituated to having me Jungkook. You will be fine." You caressed his tresses lightly.

"Then why isn't the habit going away? I thought the same but it isn't going away. The pain keeps increasing." He nearly groaned as his tears dropped on your skirt. "Jungkook, don't cry. You will fall more sick than you already are." You stroke his arm.

"Y/n…" "Jungkook, sleep." You raised your voice a little. He wiped his cheeks before sniffling his tears while the soft caress from you in addition to the effects of the medicine made him drowsy, hence he fell asleep like never before. Peacefully.

"Please…" He murmured in his sleep. "Don't leave me Y/n." He murmured again and you dropped a small and tender kiss on his forehead. You looked at his face with loving eyes and caressed his cheeks. "How come you are so silly, Jungkook? I thought you were smart." You shook your head before letting out a small sigh while your hand never stopped from caressing his hair.

After a few hours, Jungkook yawned and woke up, rubbing his left eye. His brain immediately took him to your thoughts as he softly smiled remembering how you took care of him, just the way you used to do before. His eyes opened wide and he sat up straight as a sudden fear of your departure brimmed inside his senses.

He let out a relaxed breath after seeing you sleeping while sitting in the same position, with your head resting on the headboard of the bed. He scooted closer to you before covering you with the same duvet and his olfactory receptor captured your sweet aroma.

He looked at your sleeping face with a dreamy gaze and a soft smile before resting his forehead on yours. "I miss you." His heart chanted and he looked at you again before snuggling his head closer to your neck, taking in your fragrance which numbed every agony in his body, taking him to an euphoric state.

He relaxed in your embrace after making you wrap your hand around him while your deep slumber restricted you from waking up. Also the warm embrace was something which amplified your thirst for sleep, hence you snuggled closer to the warm source unknowingly making someone's heartbeats go frenzy for his wife.

______________________________________