𝟐𝟑 | 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐚

Today would be a normal Tuesday to anyone else but for me this Tuesday is the first day I finally felt like a family.

I woke up this morning with my husband by my side instead of an empty bed while Madoc was exploring the house with our butler Eli. Once we got up, we all have breakfast on the table together. Although there wasn't much interaction between Madoc and Xavier, I tried to keep the room alive.

"Maybe we should take Madoc to your father's today." I say filling in the silence. Xavier continues to drink his hot chocolate which he also made for Madoc too.

Xavier looks at me unbothered, "I mean if not now then when." I jokingly laugh. "Don't ever fake your laugh. I was thinking what time would suit him. We'll go after breakfast." He could see right through me. I shouldn't misjudge him, he wasn't ignoring me.

I put on a smile and leave my seat after Madoc finishes up. "Come on let's get changed." I tell him as we both hurry up the stairs. "Last one has to sit in the back." I tell him running towards his bedroom.

Once we reach his bed, I fall back onto the mattress catching my breath while he hops on beside me breathing heavily.

I walk towards his closet picking out an outfit for him to wear. "Are you excited to meet your grandfather?" I say pulling out a flannel shirt and black jeans.

He picks on his nails specifically the skin near it. "We're not family yet so he is not my grandfather." He mutter almost like he was annoyed. I crouch down to his height softening my expression.

"Whether the documents are finalised or not Madoc, the night we first met you, we decided you are our family. Don't have doubts about our choice because we don't." I assure his with a gentle smile.

"What if he doesn't accept me, I'm an outsider." He says as his gaze remained on his hands. "I was once an outsider too but remember blood doesn't make us family, it's the bond that binds us."

"What is he like?" He asks looking up at me. "Considering he was a big boss for a while, the icy touch hasn't shaken off yet but even I can tell he's a family man. You have nothing to be afraid of my dear." For some reason, all mafia bosses have to play this cold, tough role and forget how they used to be before. They worry about how they seem to others and get so used to that mask they become it as if you must be ruthless to be respected.

Sudden arms wrap around my waist snapping me out of my thoughts. "Thank you for not being like my actual parents." He says with honest gratitude in his voice.

I hug him back resting my chin on his smal shoulder, "What is that supposed to mean?" I ask him curiously. We couldn't find out much about him except that he and his sister have been transferred to many foster homes back to back. The only reason was because they couldn't adjust and kept running away so why didn't he accept our offer?

"My real dad wasn't as strong as Xavier and my mum never loved me. She didn't like children but she loved my dad and unwilling pretended to love us." My eyes shoot straight while my body freezes.

For a child to admit his mother had no love was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever heard of. "I'm sure she did love you in her own way."

"If her way of showing love was by wearing gloves whenever she touched us and leaving us alone for the bad guys to take us then I guess you're right. My mum loved us so much she would never shout." Madoc says pushing away from me. A sudden cool breeze blows between us.

"I don't remember her saying a whole sentence at all." His quiet words echo loud in my minds. Perhaps this is why he has been introverted all this time. Not because he witnessed his sister dying but due to his lack of love and comfort. Madoc never had that someone who would look put for him like how he would support his sister.