Mated With My Father: 6

Alpha Samuel could not sleep that night. He was debating his options. The plan of Alpha James sounded weak and was leaking substance. He had a bad feeling this wouldn't go as neatly as the Alpha James tried to convince him it would.

Yes, he hated Jaroslav Tacin very passionately. He hated the power he held and the power he abused so many times. There was nothing more that he desired than showing the world that no one was above the law. No individual can illegally kill so many and never be held accountable for those crimes. Not even the original werewolf.

Getting Jaroslav out of the way would also weaken all Russian werewolf packs and allow him to spread his own land in their territory. But was he willing to risk his own life and the life of his pack for this uncertain plan that was more likely not to work than to work?

Hurriedly, he typed some numbers on a mobile and it rang a few times on the other line.

"Alpha Samuel, it is disrespectful to call someone at 10pm. This is time for my family. If it was not you, the father of my mate Carolina, calling, I would not have picked up the phone." Alpha Oliver's voice was stern but respectful.

Alpha Oliver is the highest ranking Alpha in South America and Alpha Samuel's excitement made him forget that. He remembered how, a few years ago, his eldest daughter, Carolina, found out to be mated to none other but Oliver himself. It was the year when two rival packs unexpectedly became allies. But even this marriage reunion did not do much at softening Olivers principals.

"Yes, of course, Alpha Oliver. I would not have called at this time if the matter was not urgent."

Alpha Samuel paused for a bit but Alpha Oliver did not add anything to it, so he took it as a sign to continue.

"I assume you already heard about the accusations made against the original werewolf and all about this plan Alpha James had planned for the great meeting taking place at his residence." Alpha Samuel paused once again.

"I heard, but frankly, I don't care about what he does with his own mate. As far as I am concerned, he can kill her or keep her. It's his business and I don't plan on starting a war over that." Was all that Oliver said on the other line.

"With all due respect, I think you are missing a bigger picture here. This is much greater than some mate thing. This is our chance to raise rebellion among other packs against him." Alpha Samuel added with some disappointment for needing to explain such an obvious remark.

"Raise rebellion? Have you lost your mind? Even if we prove that there is a mate bond, the original werewolf has great support among Russian packs. They won't side with us. Hack, he doesn't even need their support. He and his pack himself alone could wipe us all out."

Even though Alpha Oliver was speaking indifferently about the matter, Samuel hated the discrete admiration he sensed in his tone when speaking about Tacin. It was admiration he longed himself to have.

"You are forgetting we are speaking about one man with only one pack, Alpha Oliver. We might not stand a chance alone but combined we just might make him bleed."

"And you are forgetting that this one man is the original werewolf with thirty larics by his side. Have you ever fought with one? No, you haven't and guess what- me neither. And there is a god damn good reason for that."

"So what are you saying? No matter what he does, we should never challenge him?" Alpha Samuel asked with accusation in his tone.

"Don't get me wrong. If he was to come here and attack our packs, I would fight by your side to protect both of our families. That is an honorable thing to do. But going out there on his territory and threatening him in his very own home is not an act of bravery but stupidity. Why would you disturb the peace we have between our lands?" Alpha Oliver was getting agitated by Samuels' blistful ignorance.

"There may be a peace between us now. But war is bound to happen. One day, sooner or later, Jaroslav will come to our land. And then we might not have the support of the other packs, as we could have now. That day, our chances of survival will be little to not existent. I say, let's fight this war, on his land, miles away from our wives and daughters."

"What we are about to start out there, Alpha Samuel, we better finish, for our family's sake. Call all the alphas. I am not going into this war against the original werewolf alone."