//Teddy bear (💘)//

(A/N: CHILDHOOD BEST FRIENDS AU <333 INSPIRED BY A RANDOM PIC I SAW ON PINTREST IDK WHO THE ARTIST IS-)
Nobody's POV:
Alhaitham and Kaveh were best friends. Both of them were still in the third grade, but, Alhaitham never talked to anybody even though third graders are a lot more social than adults. But, sadly, the two of them had gotten into a fight earlier this morning. It was over a teddy bear that they saw hanging from a store's display.

Alhaitham obviously felt bad, so he had asked his dad to buy the teddy bear. Alhaitham wanted it, but, Alhaitham wanted to give it to his best friend Kaveh. Well, as a way of apologizing. Alhaitham already had a hunch where Kaveh was. Kaveh didn't like staying home. So, Alhaitham thought he might be at the place Alhaitham and Kaveh always hung out at. There was this specific tree that was behind both of their houses.

The tree was extremely big, like the beautiful tree of wind rise in the nation of freedom. Only, it was a bit smaller. It was hidden away behind a whole heard of bushes. Just as Alhaitham had suspected, Kaveh was sitting near the tree and staring out into the distance. Almost as if he were looking for Alhaitham. "Kaveh?" Alhaitham said, holding the teddy bear in his hands.

"Alhaitham?" Kaveh called out, turning his head to the direction of where he had heard his name. "Kaveh! I'm sorry... here. This is for you." Alhaitham said, giving it to him with a sweet look in his eyes. Kaveh's eyes widened, just as his cheeks turned into a light pink shade. "You don't need to give it back to me, it's a gift." Alhaitham said, a tiny smile growing on his face.

Kaveh's eyes lit up, just as he giggled a little. Slowly getting up from his spot, and pulling Alhaitham close. (YES 8 YEAR OLD KAVEH YES GIVE HIM A HUG) "Thank you, Alhaitham. You didn't need to!" The two best friends smiled at each other, both having rosy red cheeks, and both having their beautiful eyes locked onto each other.

Present Kaveh's POV:
(Spoilers for Kaveh's hangout quest!)
The traveler and I had just come home after going to Tighnari's celebration feast for Collei. Well, accompanied along with that stupid baphoon, Alhaitham. I had taken the little box of stuff I had placed in the attic out, so I had to put it back in.

I had just gone up into the attic, so, of course I was finding things I hadn't used in years. Some sounds fill my ears. "Oh! I've gotta get back to the tea pot. It's nearly ten o' clock. Thanks for letting us come back with you guys!" I heard the traveler say. "Come on Paimon, let's get going. Bye Alhaitham!" The traveler said, tiredly.

"Oh, see ya then." Alhaitham said calmly. Ugh.. that was always going to be an obvious response for that arrogant man when saying bye. "See ya." He should at least have a little respect for his seniors! And, not only seniors, but for people who are better than him. Just like traveler. I sigh out of frustration, as I fumble around trying to find a corner to place the box in.

Suddenly, I see a little brown thing shoved underneath all of the items in the attic. I put the box down on the floor, and reached out for the brown thing. "Huh..." the word slipped out of my mouth due to the confusion I was feeling at the moment. (HELP IM SORRY FOR MAKING KAVEH SOUND LIKE A 90 YEAR OLD MAN THIS TIME-)

I shove out everything above it, only to find a teddy bear. Wait.. I remember this teddy bear. This is the teddy bear Alhaitham gave me.. back when we were best friends. It was as an apology gift.. hah. Wow. I can't believe that at one point, we were best friends. When he actually showed me real smiles. I still remember how cute they were.

There was a little note on it, which I remember. It had a little heart on it... that was cute. It even said "from Alhaitham" It made me feel so happy all of a sudden. He actually loved me at some point. I wish that he returned the same feelings I felt for him. I really do love him. But, he never notices the way I stare into his eyes.

I suppose he's blinded due to the fact that him and I argue. I really.. can't help but love him. Can I? Suddenly, I hear footsteps behind me. "Boo~" a deep, and attractive voice whispers into my ear. I almost gasp out of fear, but, I slowly turn my attention towards the noise.

It was Alhaitham! "Alhaitham?!" I yelped out of surprise. He giggled. "Yes, it's me." I looked at him for a second. His eyes were just the same. completely unreadable. "Oh, that.. teddy bear.." He took a look at the teddy bear in my hand. "Yeah.. ummm.." I said quietly, not realizing he had been holding my jaw for so long.

"What if I told you, that heart meant more than just friendship?" I stare at him for a moment, my jaw about to slip from his hands and fall onto the floor. "Uh.. I.." I was extremely flustered. I was practically shoved against the wall. "Well, I suppose I can tell you, judging by just how red your face is." He smirks.

"I love you, Kaveh." Wait.. WHAT?! He.. he loves me? He loves me?! Alhaitham, the akademiya's scribe, the prettiest guy in the whole of the akademiya in fact... loved me? Me? Some broke architect in debt? How.. how did he? How could he love me?!

"Wow, I love how you look so surprised. Heh. I love you, Kaveh." The blush slowly creeps all across my face, making me look even more red than my cape. "Alhaitham.. I-.. I.. I love you to!" I yelled a little louder than I wanted to.

He chuckled under his breath, I could sense how he was so happy all of a sudden. "Then, what would you do if I kissed you?" Suddenly, I became a flustered idiot again. "...I..." He hardens his grip on my jaw, and pulls me closer. Bringing me closer to his face, making our foreheads touch. One more inch, no, centimeter would make their lips touch.

Alhaitham smirks, and says three words before.. before kissing me. "I love you." He pulls me a bit closer, making our lips finally intertwine with each other. I could feel my eyes widening as his closed slowly. I brought my hand up to his hair to have a little grip on his hair. I slowly close my eyes, finally realizing there was no way I would ever escape this kiss.