𝒊𝒙. secret santa

𝒊𝒙. secret santa

― act one: drivers license❛ valentina martinez 𝒙 olivia rodrigo ❜REAL LIFE

valentina martinez 𝒙 olivia rodrigo
REAL LIFE.

real life!

December 19 at 5:46PM.

Valentina doesn't know what she was expecting.

Obviously everything is awkward. So far, the whole time her and Natalie have been here, Valentina has barely spoken to her friends. It's hard to talk when your current girlfriend and ex girlfriend are in the same room together. Valentina has no idea which topics are on and off limits. Natalia hates when Valentina talks to Olivia or about her, but besides that she has no idea what else could rub her the wrong way. It seems Olivia just existing pisses off Natalia. And, Valentina understands, she does, however this is her friend group and she was hoping Natalia would at least try to get to know them.

"So, Natalie, are you in school?" Sloane asks, and Valentina sighs in relief. Sloane's always been good at making people feel welcome and included. She's shy, but kind, which is what makes her such a good friend. "Or, are you working right now?"

Natalia clasps Valentina's hand on her one. For some strange reason, it makes Valentina feel uncomfortable. Her skin burns where Natalia touches it, and she hopes Olivia doesn't notice them holding hands. "I was in university, but I stopped going when I got my role in Outer Banks. My passion is acting, so I decided school could wait," she responds, smiling tightly.

"Yeah, I've seen Outer Banks," Sky says, stuffing a couple pieces of popcorn in their mouth. "It's a good show." He sits back a little bit, offering Natalie a kind smile. "What do you do for fun?"

"Not much," Natalia replies plainly, shrugging. "Now, most of my time is spent with Valena."

Valentina flinches.

"Shall we get to present wrapping?" Elise suggests, sitting forward with her gift in her lap. "Here, I'll go first. This year I got Sloane for Secret Santa."

Sloane's eyes widen, a smile making its way across their face as they pull up their own Christmas gift. "I got you too," she says.

The both of them trade presents and Valentina finds it pretty cute. She's always wondered if they might have feelings for each other. Sloane gets Elise a pink crop top and a necklace with a red heart in the middle, and her card has a long message on it. They hug after that. Then, Sloane opens their gift from Elise, and it's two books tied in a bow with a letter attached which Sloane reads carefully. Their second hug is much longer than the first, and once their done, they're both seem a bit shy, and Valentina vaguely sees Elise blushing.