Aftermath

After the fight, the heroes collected all the scattered mounds of sludge and the villain went into police custody where he belonged. 

Exhausted and battered, Bakugou and Akira sat off to the side as medics assessed them, a few heroes with healing quirks working together to tend to Akira's broken wings as she tried to keep a strong face as she fought through the pain, tears welling in her multicoloured eyes, her bottom lip trembling as she bit the inside of her cheek. 

"Man, the two of you are real tough kids," some of the heroes began to praise as they talked to the two of them, whilst other heroes spent their time scolding Deku for rushing in there, putting himself in danger, "and those quirks really are something else!"

"You did great out there, young heroes," praised one of the pro heroes, patting Bakugou on the back, who merely grunted in acknowledgment. The medics complimented Akira's resilience, admiring her determination to push through the pain.

Amidst the well-wishers and admirers, Deku approached the duo, looking both relieved and apologetic. "I'm really sorry for jumping in like that," he said earnestly. "I just couldn't stand by and do nothing."

Bakugou's scowl deepened at the mention of Deku's intervention, but before he could say anything, Akira intervened, a soft smile on her face. "Thank you, Deku. We owe you one," she said gratefully, and her sincerity managed to take the edge off Bakugou's irritation before he realised what she said 

We owe you one? Fuck no! I don't owe that quirkless nerd shit!

His scowl only seemed to deepen. 

"When you want to go pro, head over to my agency first, i'd love for you guys to be my sidekicks when you are training" one of the heroes told them both. Akira politely thanked the heroes whilst Bakugou stayed silent, too focused on making sure that Akira was okay and also sending glares over at Deku. 

He couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe that Deku had to be the one to come and save the two of them. He hated it. He should have been the one to look after Akira, he should have been strong enough to save her and stop her from getting hurt, but instead, that quirkless nerd had to be the one that came and helped them. 

He felt sick to his stomach, not knowing whether it was from his intense anger or sudden embarrassment that he had been saved from a quirkless loser. His glaring session over at Deku was pulled to a stop when he felt someone touch his hand. He quickly turned to look down at his hand. She hadn't grabbed it, but her hand was placed right next to his, the side of her hand pressed against his. 

His first instinct was to pull his hand away, but he didn't. He looked up at her, the pain in her eyes was something that he never wanted to see again, and he wanted to do everything that he could to stop her from ever feeling that kind of pain again. As he looked at her, his usual arrogance was replaced by genuine concern for her well-being.

He had to get stronger. Not just for his own ambitions and goals. But for her. He had to get strong enough to protect her from anything and anyone and at that moment, he made an oath that he would stop at nothing to get stronger for her because despite how much of a cocky dick he was, she stood by him. No matter how many times he fucked up, or did something stupid, or hurt her, or pushed her away. She stood by him, and he'd be damned if he ever let the one good thing in his life get ripped away from him. 

"You okay?" he asked softly, his voice uncharacteristically gentle. Akira nodded, feeling a mix of emotions at the unexpected tenderness in his expression. It was a side of him she hadn't seen often, and it made her heart flutter. The look on his face was unfamiliar to her and she wasn't entirely sure how to react, but it made her feel kind of giddy to know that he was worried about her