Shocker

***Warning: Trigger scenes ahead. Mentions of blood and gore will be used. If this, in any way makes you uncomfortable, I highly recommend skipping. Reader Discretion is advised.

"Wait, we were just there this morning. Everything was fine! What the hell happened?" Doug shook his head angrily.

"I don't know, but you need to tell me everything that you found out yesterday morning." My head still hadn't yet come to terms with this.

"I mean she told us the basic stuff. That her husband was involved with the drug business for both Parker Chandler and Tobias Jones-"

"Tobias? This is not good." Doug rumbled.

"What exactly does that mean?"

"Tobias Jones is one of the most ruthless drug lords all over the world. He has killed more people for minuscule things than anyone I know. He's right on up there with Parker Chandler, and to top it off, they're enemies. If he's involved with this, then shit has obviously hit the fan."

"Well, Lisandra mentioned that Alejandro started to work for Tobias a few months ago and provided us with everything that was his, including a package of drugs, a duffle bag full of money and a gun of his. We asked her all of the questions that were needed to be asked, then we left."

"Well, looks like you're going back there again. Make sure you get a full report of yesterday's conversation on my desk."

I nodded my head as I exited the office. I hollered for Mayfair to grab her things and head out with me, leaving her with little time to gather herself.

"What do we have?" She asked as we waited for the elevator. Once it opened, we both stepped inside.

"Another murder." I stated firmly.

"Who?"

"Lisandra Carrara."

...

We arrived at the crime scene and the whole place was a zoo. So many people stood behind the caution tape as many officers held them back. Medical examiners' vehicles were all over the place, along with the forensics crew too. Officers were questioning residents off to the side and others were talking amongst themselves. Mayfair and I stepped underneath the tape and made way to the apartment that we were once at yesterday.

"It's so eerie here." Mayfair mumbled.

"That's because death still lingers here."

I rushed up the stairs and finally got to the small apartment. The door was wide open, letting light into the grim room. Once we were fully inside, the sight was one to make you sick to your stomach. It looked as if this poor woman was butchered here. Blood was splattered across the walls, curtains, and picture frames. Pools of it covered the floor from where her severed corpse laid. Each bit of her body was beaten severely, almost to the point of no recognition.

Her pants and underwear had been pulled down forcefully, leaving behind marks on her hips, signifying that she was raped. Her whole head was beaten through, showing parts of her brain. Mayfair and I walked cautiously over to the medical examiner and forensic analyst who were monitoring the horrendous scene.

"What the hell happened?" I asked in pure horror.

"Lisandra Carrara, 29 years of age. Suffered from blunt force head trauma. Majority of her limbs have been severed, including fingers, toes, and several other parts that have yet to be identified."

They held up an evidence bag with a few of her fingers in there, one that included a finger decorated with a wedding ring. Several other bags lived the carpet, each containing parts that were hard to make out.