Chapter 12 - The Older Brother and Sister

Akira's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she observed her brother's strange actions from afar. Naruto had just charged a Rasengan at completely nothing then stopped dead in his tracks. She racked her mind for a possible explanation and in a flash, like her famous nickname implied, she got the answer. Her expression turned dark immediately after.

"Akira-san. Is everything alright?" Sakura asked worriedly. She was caught off guard when the older pinkhead hastily reached for her wrist and placed a kunai on her hand.

"Sakura, take this with you and go ahead. If something happens, just throw the kunai and I'll be there."

"E-Eh? What's—" Before she could even get hold of the situation, Akira already leapt away.

"I have to go back! Just as I thought, those two wouldn't be able to handle Itachi by themselves!" she explained before fading in a blink of an eye.

Amidst his spar with Kakashi, Itachi's attention was diverted to Akira who suddenly reappeared behind Naruto. She wasted no time in inserting her chakra in him, successfully disrupting his chakra flow.

The blonde snapped awake.

"Are you okay?" She gently pat his shoulder and walked to his side. Naruto gave no reply, still obviously in daze.

So, he really was caught in an illusion. What did Itachi show him? Looking at her brother's pale face, Akira pretty much had an idea, and just thinking about it was enough to make her blood boil.

"Itachi, how dare you!" she spat in anger and dismay. Taking a step forward, she pulled a kunai from her pouch and readied herself for battle. He wouldn't get away with a mere apology this time, she was sure.

Not enough. Itachi mused to himself and met her gaze.This is not enough to make her hate me.

A shuriken suddenly appeared from his cloak and he threw it at Kakashi. It was supposed to be an easy dodge but when the shuriken multiplied, the grey-haired man was forced to jump away and retreat to the siblings.

After a moment of standstill,

"You're next." Itachi pointed a finger at the pinkhead. Akira readily dismissed the threat and charged at him head-on.

"Nee-chan, don't..."

Alerted by Naruto's weak voice, Akira chanced a short glance at him. Her eyes widened in surprise when a set of kunais went past her, mocking her gaze in a slow motion as it aimed for Naruto. 

It all happened in a second. Thanks to her reflex, she managed to deflect a few but most of it still reached its target.

"Naruto!" she cried and ran to him. The scene that greeted her made her sight hazy as tears soon threatened to spill from her eyes. Naruto was hit in the vital parts and was bleeding heavily.

"H-Hold still!" Akira started to heal him, but it was futile. She was only knowledgeable in first-aid techniques and lacked the ability to heal serious injuries. She clicked her tongue in frustration.

Akira searched for Kakashi but he was nowhere to be found.

Sakura! she remembered. Maybe she could heal him! Akira tried to transport to the other pinkhead but it didn't work. She sat frozen, confused and on the verge of losing hope.

"What..." her voice drifted off. "What's going on?"

It was then that it hit her. Could she have possibly been caught in Itachi's illusion? The idea itself seemed ridiculous since Uchiha Shisui himself trained her to be resistant against Sharingan.