Prologue III

After two hours of training,

"We're back!" Akira announced as she entered the house with the little Sasuke beside her.

Then, out of nowhere, both of them heard rushed footsteps heading their way. Itachi appeared from a corridor and abruptly grabbed her arms.

"W-What?" She asked, startled by his unusual actions. "Is there something wrong?"

"Did something happen to you? Did you get attacked or something? Are you injured?" He kept throwing questions at her, worry evident in his eyes.

The pinkhead glanced at her body before returning her gaze to Itachi. "As you can see, I'm fit as a fiddle,"

He went silent for a moment, then sighed in relief. He started to walk back to their garden, when he suddenly felt someone grab his shoulder threateningly. "You're not going anywhere, Itachi," Akira stated as a nerve popped out of her forehead. "Explain! What was that about?!

"Calm down," He said, faking a smile. He immediately thought up of a lie. "I was only trying to surprise you two, and it seems like I was successful,"

She raised her eyebrow and stared at him with a questioning look. His lie was not convincing at all. There were many other ways to surprise them, and what he just did was definitely not one of the best ideas. But more importantly, as if he'd do something idiotic like that. He is Uchiha Itachi, the supposedly cool and handsome genius.

"Geez, nii-san! Stop surprising nee-chan!" Sasuke grumbled, then turned to bow apologetically at Akira. "Please forgive my brother. He always does things like these. It already became his habit."

Itachi blinked. He never did anything like that before. He looked at his younger brother and met his gaze, one which was also filled with worry. They were obviously agreeing on something.

Akira nodded and sighed. If Sasuke says so... "Didn't know you had such a weird hobby, Itachi," She teased and giggled heartily.

Seeing her smile made him relieved. He teased back, "Not as weird as your sunglasses though,"

Afterwards, Akira and Itachi took a stroll around the Uchiha District.

"It's been a while since I last came here. You see, I've been avoided by some particular individuals lately," She muttered, slightly scoffing.

Itachi and Shisui have been mysteriously trying to avoid her for the last few weeks. There was an instance when they told her that they would be out for a mission but caught them roaming around their district.

Itachi gulped, as he comprehended her hidden message. He sheepishly smiled. "Sorry. We were just busy recently,"

"Eeeh, really?" She stared at him judgingly, making him drop a sweat. It was really hard to keep Akira in the dark since she's a highly perceptive person.

"Y-Yes," He simply replied.

She wanted to ask more, but she didn't want to pry. He must also have problems he can't tell to anyone. It must be related to the ANBU.

"I understand," She stated, her tone was hinted with uneasiness. Nevertheless, she still smiled and uttered words of comfort. "Just tell me if there's anything I can help you with. I'll always be by your side, don't forget that,"

He blinked, completely taken aback by her words. He smiled, yet he was sad; sad about the fact that he won't be able to walk by her side her soon and if they'll ever meet again in the future, it would be as enemies.

"That's not the right way to confess, Akira," He teased, slightly grinning as he placed an arm on her shoulder and ruffled her pink hair.

"W-What?!" She exclaimed. Her face suddenly felt hot. "I did not mean it like that!"