New Year Special!

This extra is depicted from Akira's point of view

This extra is depicted from Akira's point of view. (It's been years since I last wrote in 1st POV style. Please be lenient with any errors that you're about to see!) The picture above is a drawing of Jiraiya and young Akira, made personally by me. Please do not steal or repost the picture without my permission. Thank you!

🎆🎊🎆

Extra:
Dangos, Frogs, and Candied Apples

Hello. I'm Namikaze Akira. 4 years old.

Today is New Year's Eve. Both Dad and Mom are away for work, leaving me alone in our house.

I'm sorry, honey. There's an emergency, and Tō-chan and I'll have to go. Don't worry! I have already contacted Mikoto-bāchan. And she said you're more than welcome to join her family. So dress up, okay? Itachi-kun will pick you up at 7!

I'm sad. This is the first time I'll be spending New Year without them.

I sigh, staring at the empty dining table.

But, you know. This situation can't be that bad, right?

A wide grin immediately replaces the frown I had on my face.

"Yiepee! It's AD-VEN-TURE time!" I squeal in joy and excitement.

Huehue. I'll get to jump from stall to stall, eat the foods that I want, play games, and watch the grand fireworks!

I'm about to run to my room to prepare when a voice suddenly echoes from the doorway.

"Seems like I'm not needed here."

There, stands a young child of the same age. A bishounen of exceptional skills, idolized by  the girls and envied by the boys! The future of his clan, Uchiha Itachi!

"You're early!" I glance at the clock. "It's only 6."

"You sounded like you have other plans. What are you going to do?" he asks.

I turn to him, eyes wide like a puppy's, and smile. "Let's go to the festival!"

"No." He flatly refuses.

"Why not?!"

"There are too many people."

"Of course! It would be dull otherwise!"

There's no way I'll let go of this once-in-a-lifetime chance. Food stalls, you know? Food stalls!

"Please? Let's go, okay?" I try to persuade him.