Prologue IV

It was already past 9 in the evening, but two girls were still busy having chitchat.

"So, you just left without a word?! That's just―!" The Yamanaka blondie grumbled and glared at the pinkhead from the opposite side of the table. Nevertheless, Akira remained unmoved by her threatening tone as she continued to play with the dango sticks on her plate. She was used to it.

Meet Inomi, the niece of Yamanaka Inoichi. She's Akira's girl bestfriend and often dropped by her house to hang out. When it comes to Akira's love life, there's no other person greatly affected than her.

"Well," She muttered. Her thoughts were still filled with the happenings of earlier. "Itachi's actions surprised me. The atmosphere was too intense for me to handle. I got nervous and then―"

It seemed like the secretly-sealed-within-me Kyuubi's chakra went on an alert state and I suddenly felt the urge to tear him to shreads... Yeah, like I can say that to her. She ranted to herself silently and sighed.

She took another stick of dango and slowly ate it per piece, her lips slightly pouting. She gave a little yelp of surprise when Inomi abruptly slammed the table.

"How can you be so dumb, Akira?!" Inomi nagged, loud enough to awake the sleeping boy upstairs. "It's only normal for the first time to be awkward. You should have endured it for the sake of experience and love!"

The pinkhead raised her eyebrow and stared at her judgingly. "First time for what? Just what in the world did you think we were talking about?"

"Duh," She rolled her eyes in sarcasm. "Of course we're talking about your first kiss and your first date, bubblegum head! How could you let a one-in-a-million chance pass by?! It's Uchiha Itachi we're talking about here!"

Akira only stared at her, dumbfounded. She was way off the track that she didn't know what to say. "Hey, we didn't date. We just hanged out." She explained.

"That's basically the same," Inomi retorted.

"Then you're definitely dating Nara-san since you always hang out with him," The pinkhead teased back and was amused to see satisfying results.

Inomi's face turned sour, obviously irked out by the mention of it. "He's a family friend. He doesn't count!"

"I doubt Nara-san thinks the same," She grinned, fully aware that it was the best comeback she could ever pull against her. Everyone knew about it - even Inomi does. The guy obviously harbored feelings for her since who knows when, but unfortunately...

"Whatever. I only have my eyes for Itachi-kun," She scoffed. By the way, she's the president and the founder of Itachi's fanclub. "So, if you don't confess your feelings soon, I'm afraid I'll have to take him away from you,"

"By all means," She replied coolly.

Inomi sighed. Her friend never failed in keeping her kuudere self in the right track. "For heaven's sake, Akira. Why don't you just confess?!"

"I don't have time to be lovey-dovey with someone. Well, at least until I'm assured that Naruto can take care of his own well-being." She said, sounding more serious than before. She then stood up from her seat and took all the plates to the sink.

The atmosphere suddenly turned gloomy.

"Hey, Akira," Inomi stared at her from behind, worry hinted in her eyes. "Why won't you give yourself some more time? You know, just to chill out."

The pinkhead gradually slowed down her dishwashing as she paid more attention to her friend's words.

"Recently, you've been getting too busy with the piles of missions you're getting. You even forgot your birthday this year. All you can think about is your brother..." She hesitantly implied, fearing that the other one might somehow get insulted by it. But someone had to say it, or else Akira might kill herself from too much work.