Parties Aren't Really My Thing

The song above is Break the rules by Charlie XCX. Hope you like this chapter!

"This is just lovely," I muttered to myself as we walked up the large driveway. Kat looked around in amazement. Even though, every girl was wearing one, I still felt super self conscious in the royal purple bikini that Kat had forced me into. I was the only one wearing a cover up dress over it.

"Isn't this so cool?"

"Uh no," I said.

"It's cool, but I think I'm feeling a little uncomfortable," Eve said nervously.

"Exactly!"

"You guys are such wimps! Come on let's have some fun! Loosen up!"

"Yeah, I can do that!"

"Well, I still think this is stupid."

"Well, your opinion doesn't matter right now."

"I still can't believe Shaun let you come. I know he has soccer practice but there are just so many guys here... without shirts!"

"Shaun doesn't control me, Eve. Besides, we we have a committed relationship. He trusts me and I trust him."

"Ooohhh! And I thought calling him every ten minutes when he's with his friends wasn't a good thing. Turns out that it's just a 'committed relationship'"

Kat ignored me and proceeded to walk around the house, to the backyard. Eve and me followed her. Speakers were blasting the song Centuries and my classmates were jumping around, dancing to it, red cups in hand. Most people weren't even in the pool. Kat turned to us,"Are you guys okay? I have to go talk this girl."

"Why?"

"She's constantly flirting with Shaun, even though she knows he's with me. So I'm just gonna go and civilly talk to her about it."

"And let me guess. If she doesn't listen, you're going to beat the crap out of her?"

She winked at us,"You guys know me so well." And with that, she disappeared in the crowd. I sighed. I considered leaving but then realized I was stupid enough to come in Eve's car. And I didn't want to spoil her night.

"Kat's right! Let's go dance!" Eve exclaimed.

"I don't know Eve. I'm not really a good dancer-"

"Who really is? I know I'm not." '

"But I'm really bad-" She grabbed my shoulders.

"Beth, even if you are bad, everyone here's to drunk to remember anyways." I chuckled at that, agreeing with her. I guess in a way, they were right. Maybe it was time to let loose a little.

"Go, I'll meet you there. I'm just gonna find the bathroom. I've really have to pee." She nodded.

"See ya! I'm gonna go get drunk!" I hoped she would be okay. If worse comes to worse, I would drive Eve and Kat home. I wandered into the house, weaving my way through people. I looked around for a bathroom, finally successful. Unfortunately, most of them were occupied with either couples making out or someone hunched over the toilet. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the memories. I finally found one that was clean. I was so thankful that Chase had such a large house.

I quickly found my way back down the stairs and back outside.

"You made it!" I whipped around to see Chase. He was wearing blue swimming trunks and a Bermuda shirt which he hadn't buttoned up, exposing his torso. I suddenly felt extremely awkward as he approached me.