4) Game!

Valerina's POV

It feels good to feel sun after so long. It's a good reminder to me that outside world exists other than those four dark walls.

I looked at my clothes, this is not the dress which I was wearing when he abducted me. And the terrifying thing is I don't remember changing my clothes.
Is he touching me while I am asleep but I am not a heavy sleeper. I would definitely wake up if someone tries to change my clothes while I am asleep.

I sat on the bench after walking around it for some time. I don't remember when I walked last time.

I looked around and gasped when I caught glimpse of him in another room through the window. His back is facing me. This palace is curved shaped so I could see the window of another room. His back flexed like his shirt will be ripped at any moment.

I gulped and looked away, My stomach churned thinking that I will be dragged back in that dark room again.
Why can't he just tell me what he wants? Or just kill me and end this misery.

I don't even know if this is my world, everything feels so weird and magical here. These trees are so high that it looks like they are touching the sky.

I haven't heard a sound of any animal or bird. If there is a dark forest around this place then there should be a traces of life, right?
I haven't eaten anything since I have been locked, I don't feel hungry at all. My stomach is always full like I have eaten a minute ago.

Everything is weird!

I looked at the window again but he is not there. Sometimes I just want to scream at his face, Just tell me what you want and get over it.

I waited few times but he is gone. I looked around and got up. At least I can take a look around while he is gone.

I walked inside, the room where I was locked is lit with sunlight now. This palace looks burnt from outside but it's not the same inside.
This room is well designed with vintage look. Wooden polishing and all things reminds me of old time.
Mirror, lamps, candles and curtains. There are no books or anything which could help me to know about the date or present news.

I opened the cupboard and there is only one dress which I was wearing that night. It still has blood strains on it. I closed the cupboard and looked at the bed.

This bed has witnessed my pain and tears. I have broken many bones on this bed. It's huge, no wonder he fits on it.

This room doesn't have a window, just a balcony where I was taking sunbath few minutes ago.

I looked at the door and gulped. Is it locked?
Should I take the chance?
I slowly walked towards the door and opened it. My heart cried with happiness.
I stepped out, this palace is huge. Big chandelier is hanging in between, same wooden floor and look. But it's lifeless, walls are blank. Even the Chandelier is not lit.

I was sitting out whole day and it will be a evening soon. I walked downstairs, there are chances that I might get lost in this castle, it's huge.

Downstairs is no different. There is hardly anything which lighten up the eyes. It looks like no one stays in this place.

Only curtains are swinging with the wind and what made my heart skip a beat is no window is open to let the wind in.

This place is not good. I am getting bad vibes everywhere. I roamed around to see if I could find anything to understand what is he and what he wants but nothing.

I tied my long hair in a bun when it started bothering me, they were swaying just like those curtains.

I halted in my place when I saw the huge main door and my eyes widened when I saw that it's open. I could see the freedom outside.
I blinked my eyes and looked around to make sure that I am not dreaming or this not an imagination.

How could he leave the door open knowing that I am roaming around free. But he is not here, I haven't felt his presence around.

I took a step ahead. The door is still open.

I know this might be a trap to make my life hell, I shouldn't take him as a fool. And I shouldn't make a fool of myself either but the taste of freedom is alluring. My freedom is behind that door and it's few steps away.

I took another step, it feels like the door will close at any moment but it's still open.

I should know that this won't be easy like it's feeling. There is something but what's the use if I don't give it a try. I might not see this open door again.

I gathered all the courage in me and rushed towards the door, I was one step away from stepping out but then... Door closed on face.
Mocking me that how could I be so dumb.

He was watching me and now I'll pay for my stupidity.

My body trembled when I felt his scent. I closed my eyes and silent tears escaped my eyes.
"Ahh! "
I screamed in fear when I felt his torso on my back.
He is behind me.
My body trembled when he slowly touched my arms.
"Please don't hurt me... Please! "
I pleaded.
"I don't know what you want... Why are you doing this to me? "
I sobbed.

"Eager to step outside, Sunshine? "
He whispered in a mocking tone near my ear.
My body froze. He knew I'll try this, he was just playing, that's why all doors were open.

I shivered with the thinking what is he going to do to me now.

Sob escaped from my mouth when he released my hair from the bun and set them free.
I felt his face on back of my head, he is inhaling my scent.

"Please don't do this to me... Please let me go! "
I begged.

His hands fell from my arms and face lifted from my hair. He gently grabbed my hair and I heard his footsteps. My hair slid down from his hold as he circled me like a predator.

"You want to go? "
He asked and I flinched when door got slammed open.
"Go! "
He said and I looked at him.

I stepped back and shook my head. I know it's not that easy, he won't let me go that easily.

He smirked when I shook my head.
"I have opened the door for you and now you don't want to go."
I looked into his purple eyes, they are cunning.

"You are playing with me! "
I mumbled and he chuckled which sent chills in my body.

"Smart!"
He walked behind me.
"Let's play a game, kitten..."
He grabbed my chin and lifted my head up, making me look beyond the forest.

How could I look that far? Is he using magic on me?

"Do you see the door? "
He asked.

There is a huge door which is made of silver.
I nodded and my vision went back to normal, that door disappeared and now it's just me and him.

"That door is your freedom. You have to cross the forest to reach there."
He travelled his fingers through my hair again.
"If you managed to reach there before sunset then you are free to go."

My eyes widened, is he being serious?
"You are lying! "
I whispered.

"Decision is yours!... Your freedom is behind this forest... If you managed to cross it then you are free... But___"
He stood in front of me.
"If you couldn't, then___"
He eyes turned red and fangs came out making me cry out loud.
"Run! "

I stepped away from him and dashed out of the door.