7) Threats!

Valerina's POV

Should I move? But it will wake him up.
I looked out and sun is already up, I have never seen him sleeping beside me after sunrise. He usually leaves the bed before I am awake.

He is not feeling cold like every day. He is warm and last night suddenly bed felt so good when he arrived.

What is he doing?

I laid there looking at the cupboard blankly, his hand is wrapped around my waist, locking me against his chest.

I have no courage to move and wake him up.
But it's hot, this place never felt so warm before. I could feel myself sweating around neck and arms.

I slowly removed the bedsheets from my legs and upper body, letting the air overcome the heat.

I looked down when something scratched against my belly and scream escaped my lips.
He has claws, sharp like knife. These are same like those wolves which I saw yesterday but bigger and sharper.
It's on my belly and he can literally tear me apart.

He must have woken up by my scream.
I felt his movements behind me.

He removed his hand from my waist and quickly sat up while I looked at him terrified.

"What's wrong with you, girl?"
He groaned while running his fingers through his hair.

I looked at his claws and he understood, my eyes widened when I noticed his eyes.
It's yellow, what happened to his eyes? They used to change colors between red and purple. How can it be yellow?

He looked at my terrified face and his claws disappeared, eyes went back to his usual purple.

I want to ask him who is he but I have no courage after last night. It feels like it will be smart to keep my mouth shut.

I looked down and tightened my palms in tight fists to stop it from trembling.
He stared at me for a minute and then got out of the bed turning it cold again.

I thought he is a Vampire due to his change in behavior whenever he sees blood but now he is also looking like a wolf. I wouldn't have believed it if someone would have said it back when I was at my home but now I know that everything is possible.

I encouraged myself to get out of the bed and limped towards the washroom. Why he didn't make my wounds disappear like he does every time?

I washed my face and walked out in the balcony to sit on the bench. I am tired of this loneliness. There is nothing to do, I can just sit whole day looking at these empty walls and this forest which is dangerous despite of its beauty.
I am going insane with this emptiness.
I can't eat, can't cook, don't have a reason to smile, no one to talk to and nothing to do. He has made my life hell.

I stiffened when I heard some sounds, I got up and walked towards the edge of the balcony and looked down.

Augustus was chopping woods. He is shirtless, my mouth dropped when I saw those muscles. It shows that he is definitely not a human. It's like someone has carved the stone into perfect sculpture.
His body flexed with every stoke to the wood.

May be he sensed my eyes on him and looked up making me freez in my place. He smirked and tore the wooden block which he was holding in his hands.

I gasped and stepped back from the railing to avoid his eyes contact.
"Monster!"
I mumbled and sat on the bench.

I have to find out why is he holding me captive? What's his motive? Why is he not killing me?

There must be something in this house which will make me understand that what is he and why I am here. May be that will help me to get out of this place.

I got up and walked downstairs to see if I could find anything. I thought whatever I did yesterday, after that he will lock me in the darkness again but thank God!

I looked at the huge door which is opened and I shook my head. I am not that stupid to try it again. It's of no use, he can catch me within blink of an eye and that forest is dangerous.

I wandered around but this house is blank like a clean slate. I entered the each an every room which came to my view but it's of no use.

I need something to do otherwise I'll go insane!

I gasped and turned around when I felt his presence behind him.

There he is, standing in front of me in all his glory.
"What are you thinking, Sunshine?"
He mocked.

I shook my head.

"I thought you have a tongue, If you don't want to use it then I can remove it for you."
He said and my eyes widened.

I shook my head furiously and stepped away from him.
"No!"

He grabbed my jaw and made me look into his eyeseyes terrified.
"Then use your fucking mouth when I question something."
He warned.

"Y_Yes!"
He smirked when I replied in words.

"Now tell me, what are you doing here?"
He asked.

"Nothing."
I shook my head.

His hold tightened on my jaw when I said that.
"Wrong answer!"
My eyes widened when his claws came out.
"I don't like liers, Sunshine... I love to punish those who lies."
His thumb caressed my jaw.
"Let's try one more time..."
He said amused.
"What are you doing here?"

"I_I was j_just trying to p_pass time... I w_was bored."
I managed to say in his tight hold on my jaw.

He let my jaw go and gasped for the air.
"You will not come out of your room until I say so..."
He ordered.
"Understand?"

I nodded my head and he stepped towards me with annoyed groan.

I quickly stepped back.
"Yes, understood!... I am sorry."
Answer in words, Valerina! I reminded myself.

He grabbed my jaw again.
"I don't like to repeat myself"
He gritted.
"Try something stupid again and you will pray your God for death."

I looked at him terrified by his threats.