8) Ending the misery!

Author's POV

Valerina was laying on the bed, her hair were sprawled on the bedsheets. She was staring blankly at the wall which has nothing interesting.

She is loosing herself due to staying alone in her darm room. Due to Augustus's orders she can't go out of the room and there is nothing to do for her.

Days went in blur since her last time when she has stepped out. Now her daily routine is sleep and wake up.

Augustus sometimes comes in her room to sleep beside her but sometimes he doesn't and she feels even more lonely when he doesn't come. At least his presence beside her assures her that she is not living alone in this creepy place.

She cried many times in front of him to tell her that what does he wants but he ignores her.

Valerina has no idea what she will do even if he tells her everything, she is not ready for that truth either but at least it will give her some prediction of her future.

She always think about her life back at home. It wasn't that happening but at least she used to enjoy her own company while doing carfts and arts. She used to stay busy in household chores. She could see the life from the window of her room. She used to do planting in front of her house.

She was happy back there except the part of her father's presence.

She doesn't remember her mother much, she was around five years old when her mother died. She is still unknown to the reason.
Valerina used to cherish the necklace which her mother tied around her neck and she didn't take it off until the night of her abduction.

She had high school friends until her father refused to let her join school again. He didn't let her live her life like normal kids do but it was at least better than being locked in the dark room and staring at the blank wall.

Sometimes she wonders if there is anyone who is looking for her out in the real world. Does anyone care? Did they find the dead bodies of her father and his friend?

It's quite difficult because no one comes to that part of the forest.

Now she understood why people Abdoned that forest saying that it's haunted. She never thought that it was true and she will be hunted one day.

She was loosing hope after realising that she is not in a human world. This forest made her understood that it's not her world. She hears weird sounds every night. Sometimes she saw wolves and noticed some people jumping on the tree like monkies. Sometimes she hears chantings in foreign languages.
Suddenly it starts raining and suddenly she notices some different kind of flowers blooming in the forest. Sky changes into colours which she haven't seen before.

It's all absurd for her but she is not surprised anymore. She got used to see all those things.

Augustus doesn't bother to solve any of her doubts. She knows that he enjoys her fear.
She has assumed that it's been a month since she is locked in this room because her abdomen has started hurting.

She haven't got her periods since he has brought her there. She has no idea how is she going to deal with it. He turns restless whenever she bleeds but she also knows that he tries to control himself. May be that's one of the reasons why he heals her wounds quickly.
But what will he do when she bleeds due to her menstrual cycle. He doesn't even bother to give her innerwares.

Tears escaped from her eyes. She never wanted this kind of life. Since her mother's death her life has became hell. She had hope to escape her previous life but she has lost hope to escape this one which Augustas has created for her.

She got up from the bed and slowly walked towards the balcony. It's dark outside. Forest is silent. No weird sounds or chanting. Augustas haven't shown his presence since last two nights. She has no idea where he goes and what he does.
She looked around helpless. She waited long enough but no one came for her help. Her captor doesn't care either.

She is tired of being puppet. Her life has turned into living hell from which she can't escape.

She looked down and no normal human can stay alive after falling from that height.
"I am sorry, Mother... But I can't live like this!"
She closed her eyes and mumbled.
"I am tired!"

She climbed on the railing and turned her face towards the bed in which she spent all her days and nights. She was happy to say goodbye to it.
She will not miss even a second of her life on this earth. She lived through nothing but misery without doing anything, she has never harmed anyone in her whole life.

She might have survived in the real world but she lost it when she realised that it's not her world.

She closed her eyes and let her body fall towards the direction of the wind. Her long hair danced along with the wind when her body was chasing for the ground.

She thought it's over, she is finally free from the misery but the naive girl doesn't know that it's not that simple.
When you live in the world of monster, you live by his conditions. Even your death is in his hands.

Before her body could touch the ground, large hands wrapped around her. Valerina's smile disappeared when she realised that he is holding her.

Her eyes snapped open and she saw those red furious eyes.