Spikefest Part 1

Emma stepped into Fourth Baptist School, Lilly's school, and smiled. Today was Spikefest, a day-long volleyball tournament, as well as the first time she would be in the same building with more than one of the other Star girls, as she had taken to mentally calling them, since the St. Francis volleyball tournament. Not that the other girls had any idea of the abilities they held. Emma had tried to use her abilities, but they had never come out, except for when she felt random twinges of emotion from the other girls, but she never felt anything for more than a second. And she had noticed that a few other girls had improved physically. Emma shook off these thoughts; she was here to play, nothing else. Besides, nothing would happen if only three of the five were in the building together. She quickly located the locker room, left her stuff inside, and walked towards the gym. She spotted Lilly placing Gatorades into the fridge near the concessions stand and poked her head into the room.

"Great job Lilly." Emma called, and waited, but Lilly didn't notice her. Emma sensed a twinge of boredom coming from Lilly and smiled to herself. She turned around and went to fill up her water bottle.

Lydia, Emma's younger sister, met Emma outside of the gym by the water fountain, and they walked together and located the court they would be playing on. Then, they began stretching as the rest of their team slowly trickled in and began to pass with each other.

The first game began. Emma's team was playing against Cambridge, and they were absolutely smashing them in the first set. During the break between sets, Emma saw Stella sitting in the bleachers and smiled bigger than she had for weeks. She actually was sitting there cheering! Emma felt even more energized as she stepped back onto the court, and her team won the game relatively quickly. As they were shaking hands, the St. Francis team, Stella's team, walked onto the court. Emma quickly ran to Stella and hugged her. "Good job!" Stella said.

"You're going to do amazing." Emma replied. As Emma stepped away from Stella, everything froze around them.

Emma looked around. All the girls and coaches were completely frozen, unmoving.

"What just happened?" Stella asked, walking over to one of the girls on her team. "Grace? Grace, wake up!"

Emma grabbed Stella's wrist as Stella began to shake Grace, and she immediately felt a weird tugging at her side, and energy coursed through her body. Immediately everyone began to move again. Emma released Stella's wrist, and their eyes met. Stella and Emma stared at each other. Emma had felt her powers again... but weren't they done with magic and the fighting? She would have to figure this out, but not right now.

"I'll be cheering for you." Emma said to Stella, and Stella nodded, but her eyes told Emma everything. Stella had realized what had happened, and she wanted an explanation. They'd have to figure it out later.

Emma went to the locker room to get a protein bar and ran into Lilly.

"Hey!" Lilly greeted her.

"Hey, I'm going to watch the St. Francis game; you want to come?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, our coach told us to watch them." Lilly said.

"Okay, just give me a second." Emma said, running to the locker room to grab her snack and replace her water bottle.

Lilly and Emma sat next to each other on the bleachers and watched the game. "Do you know Stella?" Emma asked Lilly, wondering if she remembered anything.

Lilly shook her head. "I've never talked to her."

Emma nodded slowly, looking at the St. Francis bench and making a heart with her fingers. Stella saw and returned it, and then Emma made a heart with Lilly, and the two girls laughed. Emma watched St. Francis beat the team they were playing against. Lilly left halfway through the second half, and then Emma went to congratulate Stella at the game's end.