The Mixes (Prequel) Part 3

Noah felt a sharp pain in his head and hesitated. Memories began to creep into his head. Susan wasn't the only one with secrets. Noah was one of the last Elementalists, a group even older than the Mixes. They had all gone into hiding twenty years ago. Noah had stopped using his abilities, so he had begun aging slowly. Noah recognized that pain as well. Someone was in danger. "Susan." Noah realized, and the powers he had hidden for so long began to stir inside him.

Susan opened her eyes to find herself tied to a chair. She looked around and saw the other girls as well. Stel, Ellie, Juliet, Eliza. All of them were tied to chairs, and all were asleep except for her. But wait... Stel was awake and looking at the door. "What do we do?" Susan asked. Her voice came out rough and gravelly.

"Shhh," Stel whispered. "Don't tell them anything, no matter what. We can't betray the rest of our kind."

Susan nodded just as the door swung open.

A tall woman with a long alligator tail trailing behind her and scales across her arms and face stepped into the room, followed by a couple of other Mixes. Susan tried not to scream in horror. These Mixes were even more deformed than the ones she had fought earlier. "My name is Korana." The alligator Mix smirked. "I assume you all already know who I am." She stepped up to Stel. "Ah, I know who you are. Killing your parents was such a joy."

Susan watched Stel's face turn red as she tried not to explode in anger. Susan glanced down and saw that Stel's fists were tightly clenched. She looked back up at the alligator woman.

Korana smiled. "If your parents had just joined me, they would still be alive. They would have been able to take care of you. Remember that for later when I give you the option." She turned to Susan. "And you. Your dad was a major help to me in the beginning. Him and the dark Elementalist. He called himself a shade, and your father always seemed to hang on to his every word. Yes, your father was a huge asset to him and, later, me."

"What do you mean?" Susan asked, unable to resist her curiosity, but not knowing if she wanted to hear the answer.

"Ahh, your dad helped me start the Rebellion. He decided to change his mind later, stupid man, and I had to kill him."

Susan's eyes widened in her pale face. "No. No, he couldn't have," she whispered softly. Her father had begun all this? "He would never!" she cried.

Korana shook her head, looking at Susan with a mockingly sad face. "He did. He was a great help at the beginning, too; I hated seeing him change his mind. What a waste of potential. But you two will see your friends die, and then you can decide." She motioned to her followers, and Susan watched in horror as each grabbed one of the girls and dragged them away, leaving Korana in the room with Stel and Susan. She pulled out a knife and walked over to the girls.

Susan cringed, closing her eyes and waiting for the sharp edge to slice her skin. "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you," Korana said and slashed with the knife, shredding the ropes that surrounded the girls. "Don't attack; I will not hesitate to kill you immediately," she said, walking away. Susan could feel the presence of Korana's followers behind her, and Stel and Susan had no choice but to follow Korana out of the room.

Susan stepped into the room and almost screamed. A glass wall was in front of them, and they were looking into another room. Ellie was tied to a wood plank in the center of the room. Her beautiful face was contorted in pain. The ropes were digging into her wrists as she struggled, causing red marks to appear along her dark skin. Her hair was tangled, and her large, dark eyes were full of tears. "What are you doing to her?" Susan asked in horror.

"Oh, I'm not doing anything," Korana smirked. "However, one of my friends will." She motioned to the side, and Susan and Stel turned around to see the most monstrous Mix they had ever seen emerge from the shadows. Ellie screamed. Stel clamped a hand over her mouth. This Mix was the definition of grotesque. He had sharp spines all over his head and long fangs dripping poison. His face was covered in scales like armor, and his eyes were red. Long arms dangled by his sides, and he was covered in spines and claws. Stel and Susan watched as he walked towards Ellie.