Chapter Fifty: Deal With the Devil

"Me?" I asked, eyes narrowed. "What do you want with me?"

"Isn't it obvious yet?"

I stared at him blankly, my hand still on Anne's shoulder, gripping tightly to her as I stood between her and the Gaunt.

Marvolo looked bored, to put it simply. He stared at me expectantly, exasperation flitting across his features when I didn't answer him quickly enough. He pushed himself from the bed and moved closer to me. Four steps was all that was left between us in the small home, and it wasn't enough.

Anxiety and Dark Magic clawed at my throat, bubbling under the surface, desperately trying to escape, while all I wanted to do was take Anne and flee. I didn't want her exposed to him anymore. I was powerful enough to lift the Imperius Curse placed upon her, I didn't need him to do it.

I could kill him, take her and get her safely to the castle before turning my attention to Sebastian.

"Try what you're thinking, and she'll kill herself," Marvolo tsked, his expression still bored.

My eyes widened, "You- You're-"

"Yes." His voice was a hiss, his lip curling in annoyance as he stood from Sebastian's bed. "Now, are you going to cooperate with me, or am I going to have to persuade you with Miss Sallow here?"

I gaped at him, my wand still pointed at him. He'd made it so she'd off herself if he was murdered, most likely that extended to injured any other way, which meant I was dead in the water on plans to take Anne and run.

"What do you want?"

"My father would like to see you."

"About?"

"Can't spoil all the fun, now, can I?" He smirked. "Sallow wasn't as cooperative, I suggest you think twice before refusing to see dear ol' dad."

I glared at him, my magic flaring angrily inside my chest as I made to step forward, wand still pointed directly at his chest. How dare he- this monster of a wizard- think he could use Sebastian- my Sebastian- as leverage against me. He didn't say anything as he took in my expression, and that's when I felt it.

The rifling sensation in my head, as though someone had opened up all the containers and cabinets I stored my memories in and was digging through them. I hadn't been imagining it; he could read my mind. Legilimency could be studied, learned, as well as a natural born gift. My heart sank as I felt him rummage through memory after memory, everything flashing through my mind in an instant.

Sebastian when I first met him, covering for me in the restricted section when Madam Scribner had caught us.

Sebastian in the Scriptorium, casting Crucio on me, and Ominis being the one who had comforted me.

Sebastian and I finding the relic, wide eyed and delighted at the prospect of power and the ability to heal Anne the item could bring us.

Myself casting Imperio on Ominis and relishing the power that coursed through me.

Sebastian kissing me under the castle.

Solomon dead on the ground of the catacomb, Sebastian's wand still smoking from the Avada Kedavra curse.

Sebastian kissing my neck as he taught me how to cast it.

Sebastian and I in the Scriptorium again, this time with him on the receiving end of my wand.

Binding our souls to dark powers on the table in the catacomb, my lips on his neck while we both drowned in power and pleasure.

In the Scriptorium only a few short weeks ago as we'd-