Longar Arc p.1

Everyone was confused and Karlplate and Luth began to take up combat poses - But just as they did Plagia quickly spoke up.

"We are just adventurers, we didn't come here to cause any trouble."

Plagia wanted to keep the situation peaceful, but, her eyes paced all around and she saw the soldiers that surrounded them. They themselves clearly at unease, one could tell, with their light shaking and uncertain eyes piercing through the helmets.

The man before them didn't seem impressed by the explanation, he showed a glimpse towards Karlplate and Luth, who were already tugging at their weapons before resting his disdain onto Plagia.

"Adventurers who heed come not to these lands." He spoke loudly and sharply. His voice strained as he spoke just loud enough not to scream.

"I'll grant but one warning" he paused as he grasped the hilt of his scabbard.

"Forgo your metals and deadly trinkets, thus be granted residence in the cells; Lest you desire your undoing." He exhaled deeply after finishing his sentence and leaned slightly forwards while maintain his wide gaze, a wrong answer would quickly answer to why he took the stance. The soldiers followed suit and prepared their spears and poses.

Karlplate wondered where he should position himself? They were surrounded, and as the only shield-bearer he could only cover one angle of attack, clearly, the one who spoke for the soldiers is the one he should focus on, right? The thoughts of battle plagued both Luth and Karlplate, as they were far more experienced. Maia and Plagia were far more concerned with resolving this with speech, but what do you say? Do you just do what he wants? And what does he consider as a deadly trinket? Why does he use such an old-fashioned form of speech? The old fashioned speech, must be a noble, Plagia considered.

Maia was the first to drop her things, Ölk, was cowering from the beginning and thus Luth didn't act rashly. Luth followed by dropping his weapons.and Plagia showed her palm. As she lifted it and showed the sign on her hand for a second the man before them twitched and Karlplate responded by moving before Plagia, just before she shouted out.

"I'M A SORCERESS I CAN'T DROP MY HAND; Can I do anything else?"

Karlplate looked to her and the man did too.

"We have cuffs" He spoke up

"Yet your shield-bearer should act in kind"

Plagia nodded to Karlplate, who after a second of pondering and grimacing, dropped his shield and started rubbing his fingers into his hands, itching for something.

"It is as said" The man continued.

"Drop your steel, and thou shalt be lead."

Plagia and Karlplate glanced at each other.

"Do as he says" She whispered.

Karlplate looked displeased and was considering his options, before grunting and dropping the rest of his armor and gear. Why does he need to remove everything, just to be defenseless? He then spread his arms and with a grunt he showed, that he has no hidden weapons on him.

With a nod and a wave of his hand, the soldiers moved up quickly and secured everyone and put everyone into one large cell, all tied to the wall.

---------------

Gray hair, a short beard and always in his armor. He stood overlooking the horizon from the tower, holding his hands behind his back. Lorian of Longar, the current count of Longar and the March of the North. He glanced to the man that just entered the room.