Longar Arc p.4

Maia followed as Luth held her arm. His grip was tight and painful. She was confused and was processing all that happened. She was in a daze.

Plagia had her attention shifted to the demon, she wouldn't have enough time to heal Karlplate, and even if she could she wouldn't have the time to escape. She scoffed, 'How could I heal THAT?' she thought to herself as she recalled Karplate's condition.

She raised her hand towards the demon.

"Annoying"

As he said that, Plagia's arm was struck with his attack. Where from, when? She didn't have the time to contemplate. Her arm twisted and erupted, covering the surroundings in blood.

Plagia shrieked. The pain was unbearable, but mages with their higher concentration are taught to maintain their sense of mind. She cursed at those teachings now, as she naturally kept herself awake even when under that pain.

In the span of seconds, Plagia mustered through the pain the strength to throw one more spell out. A bolt of flames but just before she raised her hand; Spiral, who she couldn't properly see or make out as the pain blurred her vision, and the effects of smoke, wind and fire obstructed everything in her vision. He had already blown out her abdomen. Her consciousness faded before her body split in half onto the pavement.

-

Luth and Maia ran through the fortress, Knights were fighting the demons in every portion of the castle. They ran through alleyways and between houses.

"Where is that damn gate?"

Luth struggled to recall the location of the gate. When they entered Longar the place was little more than a frozen graveyard, left untouched since it's fall. His focus wasn't on remembering the pathways of a fallen fortress, so now he stood still. Maia was still shocked, she managed to keep pace with Luth but her eyes were stuck in motion. She didn't seem completely aware of anything that was going on around her. Luth looked at her, but didn't say anything.

"There's that damn tower"

Luth had caught the tower that they camped in. He was now confident that he could get out if he followed the path he knows. He could get them to the gate. They started walking out, Maia was struggling to keep up with Luth already; Now that they had stopped for a minute it became apparent to him. They cannot keep up that running pace.

"AAAGH"

A scream erupted as a knight ran out into the street, holding his neck tight as blood gushed from it. He collapsed onto the street as an armed demon emerged, equipped with a short halberd smeared with blood.

Luth pulled out the last arrow from his quiver. He wanted to get the shot off before the demon could get a proper stance in. He tugged at the string, pulling it back and releasing the arrow aiming for the slightly exposed neck area of the demon.

The demon parried it without struggle after readjusting to meet Luth's gaze. His slightly forward tilted body had now removed that small gap Luth saw. The demon put one foot back, preparing to rush forward. Just as he hunched forward he stopped to look to the alley from which he came.

In that second Ölk jumped at him, biting the demon's neck and ripping it out. The demon was striking Ölk's side but to no avail.

"Ölk!"

Luth instinctively shouted out, happy to see his companion safe and helping him again. Ölk only barked back once the demon has given up, losing consciousness from the bloodloss. Ölk ran up to Luth and he patted him, Ölk then looked sad as he turned his gaze to Maia.