𝓒𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓤𝓹

I woke up the next morning, tired. My phone rang. I picked it up. "Mornin' Mi." Tyler said, obviously tired like me. "Good morning!" I said, trying to be cheerful despite what happened the day before. I rubbed my hand on my face as it still hurt and whinced. "Damn, you good?" He asked, concerned. "I-its fine! I'm fine!" I said, trying to cover up how hurt I was. "I don't believe you-" He said skeptical. "It's fine! Trust me." I lied. "Ight, fine. You comin over today?" He asked joyfully. "I can try." I sighed, still keeping up my cheerful act. "If you can't, that's fine!" He spoke vibrantly. It made me happy to hear him like that. "Alright! Bye!" I was trying to think of something I could hide my mark with.

I grabbed a bandaid and put it on my face. I grabbed my notebook and pencil and ran down the steps. Luckily, my mom wasn't home, so I ran over to Tyler's house, a smile on my face. I saw him outside on his skateboard. He hopped off and ran over to hug me. "Oh hey." He smiled. "Hi! I didn't know you were a skateboarder!" I grinned. "Yeah- I could teach you if you want!" My eyes lit up. He taught me the basics. After half an hour, I finally got most of it down. "I think I got it!" I exclaimed excitedly. I tried to do a kick flip, and surprisingly, I got it. "Damn. Nicee. You're a fast learner." He smirked slightly. "Heh- thanks!" I smiled.

      "Soooo- why you got that bandaid on your face?" He asked. My eyes widened. "Uhm- I just fell on the way home- it's fine." I nervously lied. "You sure?" He chuckled. "Yeah... I'm sure.." I sighed. He walked up to me. "Imma be honest, I don't believe you." I started to sweat. "I-uh, it's hard to explain." I said, fidgeting nervously. "Was it that bitch?" He said, getting angry. "M-maybe..." I studdered. I took off the bandaid to show the red handprint still on my face. "Damn.. Why'd you hide it, though?" He asked, sympathetically. "I-i don't know.." I sighed. I sat down on the grass. He sat down with me. "It's okay man. You ain't gotta hide nothing from me." He smiled slightly. "Sorry..." I put my hand on my face again, and it still hurt.

    "You hungry?" He asked after we goofed around outside for a while. "A tiny bit!" I smiled. "You want me to make some hot pockets?" He asked, a smile on his face. "You don't have too!-" I said, not wanting him to waste food on me. "Ah- come on! I'll go make some!" We went inside, and I sat down at the table in his kitchen. "You're a fun person! Like- I feel like we connect really well!" I cheerily said, looking at him with a warm smile as he cooked the hot pockets in the microwave. He blushed. "Oh- uh- thanks." He smiled. "You're pretty cool, too." He looked back at me. My cheeks turned pink. After the hot pockets were done, he sat down at the table with me. "Be careful, they're still hot." He warned me, still with a small grin on his face. "Thanks!" We ate and had a nice conversation.

          I never received a call from my mom. She was most likely out partying. "Could I stay the night here?" I asked, hoping I could so I wouldn't have to face my mother when she was drunk. "Well, duh- of course." He chuckled. We walked up to his small room. We basically had a sleepover. We watched scary movies, listened to music together, and even had a pillow fight. We both sat down in the bed. "So- where do I sleep? I can take the floor!" I asked. He looked over at me, music still playing quaintly in the corner. "If you're comfortable, you can sleep in the bed with me." He said, smiling. I turned red. "I- oh- uh- sure! I-i don't mind!" I said, obviously flustered. "Did not expect you to say yea." He chuckled. He handed me a blanket.

            I dozed off to sleep. I assume that he did as well. I woke up around 8 am. I woke up with my arms around him. "H-holy shit!" I thought to myself. I instantly turned red. He was still sleeping, so I didn't know what to do. Should I wake him up? I laid there, not knowing what to do. After around 20 minutes, he woke up and looked at me. "Oh- uh- sorry." He was bright red. We stared at each other for a solid 30 seconds. He grabbed my face and kissed me. It was my first kiss. I turned tomato red. "W-wow! I-uh did not know you felt that way about me!" I smiled, adrenaline running. He smiled as well. "Oh- thought you knew." He laughed. I checked my phone, and I had around 100 missed calls. I got another call from my mother.

           I looked at Tyler with fear in my eyes. I hesitated my hand over the phone. I picked it up, knowing the consequences of I didn't. "H-hello..?" I whimpered. "Why the fuck aren't you home?!" She drunkenly slurred. I didn't know whether to lie or tell the truth. I looked over at him once more. 'I spent the night at Jamie's because you didn't come home last night." I lied. I still had the fearful look in my eyes. "Get your fucking ass back here now!" She yelled. "O-okay...." I hung up, hoping that I could stay at his for a little longer.

         "Don't go back home." He sighed. "I-i have to.. I'll see you at school tomorrow. I'll try to call you." I walked back home. I went through the back door, so I had enough time to hide my phone in my room so she wouldn't break it. I ran back outside and knocked on the door. "Where the fuck were you?!" She groaned. "J-jamie's house.. Why do you need to know?" She had pure anger and hatred in her eyes. "How am I supposed to know?! How do I know that you aren't in roaming around in the streets?!" She yelled. "I-i'm sorry.."