Issue #3: Death in the Family

Y/N is sat down on a couch with Barbara sat across from him. After fully explaining his side of the story, Barbara sighs and leans on her elbow. "Well... Thank you. You could've just walked away."

Y/N leans back in the chair, crossing his arms. "Eh. That's not who I am. At least this way, he's got a chance." Y/N thinks back to the room. "That girl... She seemed really upset."

Barbara nods. "Yeah. That's Cassandra. She really idolizes him."

Y/N nods and looks over his shoulder, seeing the door to Bruce's bedroom still open. "Look, I'm not trained or anything, but I've patched up my father a few times. If there's anything I can do to help..."

Barbara shakes her head with a sigh. "I'm sure that anything you can do can be done by anyone in this house."

"Not when they're out doing their hero stuff," Y/N refutes. "It doesn't take a genius to know that."

Barbara is silent for a moment, trying to formulate a response. The door to the manor bursts open, and Y/N turns to find the vigilante known as Red Hood storming into the house, pulling his helmet off his head. "Where is he?"

Barbara wheels over to Jason Todd

Barbara wheels over to Jason Todd. "In his room. But, Jason, you need to give him space. Cass is already enough."

Jason runs a hand through his hair before he turns and punches a nearby wall, creating a small indent in it. "FUCK!" Jason drops his helmet before turning and finally seeing Y/N. "And who the hell are you?"

Y/N stands from the chair and clears his throat. "Y/N Bullock."

Jason scoffs. "Seriously? You're Harvey's kid? God, that guy's a pain in the ass."

Y/N sighs and nods. "Don't I know it."

Everyone's attention is captured by Alfred walking out of Bruce's bedroom. He removes plastic gloves from his hands and sighs. Y/N walks over to Alfred. "How is he?"

Alfred walks over to the nearest trashcan and disposes of the gloves before turning to the group. "Master Bruce is stable, for now. I don't have access to the machines, but I think one of his ribs were broken and it punctured his lung."

Jason sinks into a nearby chair, his head in his hands. Barbara wheels over and comforts him, placing a hand on his shoulder. But Y/N's gaze locks onto the young woman still sat next to Bruce's unconscious body.

--------

Cassandra Cain didn't know what to do. She felt like she was going to break down and cry at any moment. But she needed to be strong. For Bruce. For her father.

And so, she sat. She couldn't leave him, not now. She didn't avert her eyes when she heard the footsteps approaching. She knew it wasn't Alfred or any of the family. "Leave..." she says, trying to make her voice sound stoic.

Y/N freezes for a brief moment before he leaves the room. A minute later, he walks back in with a chair and sets it down in the corner of the room, sitting down. "Leave..." Cass repeats herself, coming out more as a whisper.