The Drive

He started driving. *silence. He turned on the radio and switched through the stations. *

"Do you have the ti-" the song started to play
before Gerard switched it off. "Hey! Go back, I love Green Day." Gerard switched it back and said, "You like punk music?" I kept jamming out till I said, "Fuck yeah." Circa 000 is at its peak with punk rock. "Hey, Y/N?" Gerard asked "Yes?" Gerard: "I'm out of cigarettes and if you don't mind, can we stop at the convenience store down the street?
It'll take a minute. I promise."

I wanted chips anyway so "Yeah, no problem. I'm gonna go in with you if that's okay." Gerard: "Okay."
He parked the car. We both got off and went in. Mhhh I don't know whether to get Doritos or Hot Cheetos. I'll get Hot Cheetos and a blue icee. I went up to the counter and saw Gerard there already.

Cashier: "That will be $10.37." I got a weird vibrating sensation on my outer thigh. MY MOM! I almost shit myself (not actually). I picked it up "Hello?" My heart was racing "Y/N what are you doing?" Gerard signaled at me asking who it was. I spelled m-o-m without making a sound. "Y/N? Are you there?" I quickly said, "Yeah, sorry I was drying my hands." I silently facepalmed myself. "Okay? I am gonna be arriving at 12:30 so go to bed right now so that you won't be tired in the morning. I love you." *hangs up*

"THANK GOD," I said out loud. Gerard: "What happened? Did you get in trouble?" We got in the car. "My mom isn't coming home till 12:30. I thought I was gonna be dead." Gerard: "Oh, cool you got lucky by 2 hours exactly." Gerard turns the car on and THE PERFECT SONG comes out!

"Hey there, I know it's hard to feel like I don't care at all." Gerad: "Hey Y/N, do you wanna eat the snacks at the park?" I didn't hesitate "SURE" Gerard suddenly turned the volume all the way up and started to sing along.

"Spare me just three last words"I love you" is all she heard. I'll wait for you, But I can't wait forever."

We arrived. The pre-chorus played and we looked at each other and started to scream the words. "I CAN'T MAKE IT ON MY OWN (AND I CAN'T MAKE IT ON MY OWN) BECAUSE MY HEART IS IN OHIOOOO!"

My sleeves were bothering me so I lifted them up. WORST MISTAKE EVER!!! At this point, I was the only one screaming the lyrics "SO CUT MY WRISTS AND BLACK MY EYES...SO I CAN FA-" I turned in Gerard's direction and I saw his smile decrease faster than Sonic the Hedgehog himself.

A little ironic, isn't it? I covered my arm with my polyester hoodie and just kept quiet. Gerard lowered the volume. He said nothing. I got anxious I couldn't face him, at least not like this.

I got my snacks and opened the car door. I was gonna go home. Why was I so stupid to let my guard down like that? I gotta get the hell out of here, I can't face Gerard ever again. I started to cry and I felt a gentle grip on my arm.

Gerard: "Y/N wait! Where are you going?" I let go of his grip and started to run. My blue icee spilled on the pavement. I heard footsteps approaching mine and I felt hands on my waist. I tried to remove his arms from my waist while also, trying not to hurt him. Gerard: "Y/N please stop! I want to talk to you. Please don't go!" I stopped resisting and he spun me around.

I was a crying mess and my makeup was ruined. "There's nothing to talk about. I just want to go home." I started to cry again and he slowly pulled me in for a hug. "WAIT! Wouldn't I ruin your white shirt? He paused...

Gerard: "Fuck the shirt. You obviously need this hug, dummy." I started to calm down for a bit. Gerard: "It's okay, you're okay. Nothing's gonna hurt you, you're safe with me." He pulled away and I checked my phone for the time.

11:06 p.m. Gerard: "Are you okay? You don't have to worry. I won't tell anyone but, if it's okay with you can I ask why?" I was afraid but seeing his reaction made me feel okay. Almost instantly I said "I do it because I don't like myself physically. I like myself personality-wise but not how I look.

Also, most of the time I feel like nobody cares about me anyway so I don't care about myself either... I don't expect you to understand." Gerard: "Actually, I do" He took off his black leather jacket and showed me under the lamppost.

I saw healed lines and some that looked fresh. Gerard: "I get picked on a lot, of course, It doesn't bother me now but I still overthink and I do the same thing you do for the same reason. I don't think we are that different from each other. Another thing, obviously people care about you. There's Ray, Frank, Mikey, and yours truly me.

Please, promise me you won't do it anymore. I contemplated whether I should continue cuz I get impulsive or control it for him. "Uhh, I don't know. Okay, I'll stop if you do." Gerard: "Deal."

I checked my phone one more time. 11:25 p.m. "Can you take me home?" Gerard: "Yeah, c'mon" We walked back to the car and I told him the directions. Gerard: "We're here" I just sat there in silence.

Gerard: "You okay?" "I'm fine I just want to say thank you for being there." Gerard: "You're welcome, Text me if you feel like you want to SH or anything, and I'll be there. I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore." "Thank you a lot, Gerard. I really appreciate you doing this for me. I don't want you to hurt yourself either so I'll keep my promise if you do too."

Gerard: "Getting food and going on the drive wasn't that bad. I actually had fun." "Yeah, me too we have to go on drives more often. Well goodnight, Gerard." Gerard: "Goodnight, Y/N" I got off and went into my house upstairs. i freshened up and checked my phone.

*20 notifications*

Dank FrÆnk: Where y'all at. I bet Gerard is making out with her right now~

Xray: Seriously, where are you guys?

we have been waiting for Gerard for almost an hour.

Are you guys safe?

PLEASE ANSWER Y/N OR GERARD I'M GETTING WORRIED HERE!!!

Milkey Way: I'm pretty sure Gerard and Y/N are fine.

Milkey Way: I bet Frank is jelly. 👀

Dank FrÆnk:STFU Mikey am not🙄🖐🏻

Xray: Can y'all both STFU seriously you're getting on my last nerve👹

Milkey Way: Dayum...

Dank FrÆnk: ...

124Gerardway: Guys I'm fine. I just dropped Y/N off

Y/N: Hey guys sorry for keeping you waiting. It was my fault.

Xray: WHERE WERE YOU??

Dank FrÆnk: Ya'll already know
*careless whisperer* 😏

124Gerardway: I swear, I'm gonna go back to your house and beat the shit outta you.😡

Y/N: um...

Y/N: I'ma go to sleep...

_________________________________
1,242 words