ƥɭɑƴ ƥɽeʈeɳɗ

ʄive
_______________________

Satoru was a God.

His presence on earth, his birth, no, his ascension among humans was considerably the most influential event that had happened since the understanding of the molecular structure of DNA. A new born affected by albinism with heavy white curls, a toddler with bright translucent eyes, a six years old who could recite Iliad and the Odyssey by Homer, a ten years old who outmatched any other member of the Gojō clan.

In this life, Satoru played the role of a God.

Satoru was God.

07.12.1999

"Ijichi?"

The servants turned their heads towards him, alerted. The butler hovering behind Satoru, always three steps behind, following the protocol. Enough to hear the young master's calling, not enough to consider his presence a nuisance.

"Yes, young master?" He said over the loud festivities. 

"Why are they running?" Satoru didn't bother pointing at the children, he simply stared in their direction.

"They are flying their kites, young master."

"What is it with all the noise?"

"Laughing, young master?"

"I know what it is called, Ijichi. Laughter is supposed to decrease stress hormones and releases endorphins. I am inquiring why they are laughing, right now."

The kneeling servants covered their faces with their wagasa, they exchanged looks concerning their special young master. Why would there be a reason to laugh?

"Well... one expresses their heart's content through sounds, melodies. Their soul would sing and that melody would be called, laughing."

The servants hid their smiles behind the sleeves of their furisode. Ijichi had a way with words that made them swoon.

"Why don't you join them, young master?" Satoru looked over the park where various infrastructures were set up. A grandiose festivity was being held, respectable members of society were attending and came from the corners of the earth. More laughs could be heard, the orchestra was playing and the tables were full of food. Adults were seated, surely arranging political engagements whilst children were running and playing around the ice sculpture. There were several ice sculptures, all of them representing Satoru.

"Join them? Do you mean running around the grass, making noises amongst low-birthed infants, ruining my image?"

Ijichi didn't flinch at the insults loudly said by his young master but the newest servants, not accustomed with his haughty attitude, hid their discontent behind their uniform's sleeves. Nobody dared correcting the young master, not only because he was the young master but because everyone was considered inferior to him. Even his mother, whom gave her life for his before he could be brightened by the moon under which he was born, as tradition required.

"I am sure they would be glad to spend some time with you, young master. Any of these people could be valuable assets in the future." Royals, diplomats, chaebols, yakuzas, mafia, scientists were present, the world's wealth, its future and present gathered for a ten years's old birthday.

Satoru stared at a particular girl struggling to keep her kite in the air. Her curly hair styled in multiple buns, her dress charming and dainty. By her side, a boy approached her, noticeably older than her, he was a teenager. He looked like her or at least, Satoru could find the genetic similarities they shared through their appearance. The siblings wore matching clothes and Satoru could see their bond when the teenager helped his sister by throwing her on his back. She held her kite higher and the wind blew loudly.