THREE

03x05 - The Reckoning

The next couple days had came and went by swiftly. Until it was finally Sunday, the day of the senior prank night event that Matt had invited Nathaniel to go with him to. In the young Mikaelson was sure it wasn't a date, just an excuse for Matt to introduce him to the group.

The young Mikaelson enjoyed the excuse to go out nonetheless. Over the passed few days he had spent the time organizing the books in his library.

Finally getting up from bed he heads to the shower to wash up before starting up his day.

After finishing his hour long shower Nate steps out drying his hair with a towel and then drying off the rest of his body. Wiping the fog off of the mirror with his arm, he's finally able to look into it.

"Hello there you sexy devil." He says,with a devilish grin.

He checks himself out in the mirror a moment more before the sound of his cell phone catches his attention. Reaching out onto the counter he picks it up to answer it as he walks over to his bedroom to get dressed.

"Hello Father, I knew you'd be calling sooner or later." He answered, putting the phone on speaker so he could slide on a pair of boxers.

"Here I'd thought that you had forgotten about dear-old dad. Your supposed to be my relaying information to me. What the hell happened to you it's been a bloody week?" His father Klaus questions.

"Relax old man, take it easy for a second." Nate says, while stepping back to his closet and continuing to get dressed.

"Nathaniel Henrik Mikaelson, when I ask you a question I expect an answer. I've delt with dying hybrids left and right, and I still haven't gotten an explanation for that." Klaus angrily explains.

"Oh that's simple your doppelgangers still alive." Nate says into the phone in a casual way.

"That's bloody impossible, I killed the girl myself. Son don't you think you should have said something sooner?"

"Yeah well, Matt only mentioned her and the rest of the group over the phone last night. Figured I'd call you this morning but you beat me to it." He sighed.

"Well it seems it's time for me to make my return to Mystic Falls. Farewell my little wolf."

"I told you a thousand times I'm to old for you to be calling me that-." Nate responds, only for the call to hang up before he can finish.

***

As planned Matt had pulled up to his place and picked him up like they had talked about. Exiting the blue truck they walked through the school into a classroom with other students. Matt unknowingly setting of a chain reaction of rat traps.

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Matt seriously? Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?" Caroline says.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asks, standing beside Caroline with a box.

"How could he forget? He's been bragging about how I'd love too meet you guys since yesterday." Nate says.

"Honestly if it wasn't for that I definitely would have forgotten." Matt admits before introducing everyone. "Besides I figured we'd just drop by."

"Nate don't let Matt fool you. we've only been waiting for this since like freshman year" Caroline says.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Elena said. She hadn't felt like being there either.