ONE

Speaking personally I was a lot of things but I was never and never will be a fan of long road trips

Speaking personally I was a lot of things but I was never and never will be a fan of long road trips. Watching the trees roll pass me, I neared the end of a very long thirteen hour road trip to Mystic Falls, Virginia.

Pulling into the town square, I stop the blue sports car at a diner called "The Mystic Grill". Stopping for a quick drink and something to eat wouldn't hurt; seeing as most of the people I was told to keep an eye on either worked or hung out here.

Father had called a week before and asked (more like commanded) me to go to Mystic Falls and keep an eye out on the town. Honestly I knew the task would be a drag considering he told me to be the 'Boy Next Door'. Which was his way of telling me not to harm the locals in anyway.

Exiting my car I throw my black jacket on over my black T-shirt and walked into the lively diner, taking in the smell of the food and sound of people conversing among one another as I make my way to a small table. Taking a seat I noticed the young blonde waiter rushing over.

The boys blonde hair was messy but not in an unkempt way, you could tell he had it styled that way. I could see his ocean blue eyes thats beauty rivaled that of my own blue eyes. Looking the boys body up and down I shamelessly checked him out and found a name tag that read 'Matt'

Matt the human quarterback. I thought.

Regaining my attention I notice Matt's eyes are locked on me as he seemed to calm down and just linger on my eyes before I decided to break the silence

"Everything ok? You look like you've got a lot on your mind." I said with a smirk.

"What makes you say that?" he replied kinda showing a faint grin from ear to ear.

I just shrugged my shoulders and give a goofy smile as I answered "Let's just say when a cute guy like yourself stares at me like that their either into me, hurt, depressed, stressed, or I've got something on my face." I hold up a finger for each reason I listed as I go. "Since I'm the lease attractive person in here and the fact that I haven't ordered yet it's safe to mark the first and last ones off."

"Actually all three." He sighs. "A lots happened lately..." Matt trails off losing focus. "You think I'm cute?" He grins like a lost idiot.

Hook, line, and sinker.

"Actually yeah I do. I'm sorry if it's weird coming from a guy." I said with a slight laugh.

"Not at all actually, can I get you something?"

I open up the menu and browse over everything on the list; it all looked good. "Yeah actually, can I get a burger, large fry and a vanilla milkshake?"

"Good choice!" Matt approved and then rushed off to the behind the bar. He went into the kitchen only to return moments later with a tray of food. "Sorry about that?"

"Your fine man it's no big deal. I've been in Amsterdam for the past four months so there's no rush." looking up from my delicious meal I notice that he's still starring at me and hasn't moved yet. His blue eyes scanning my face.

"So I'm Matt by the way" he reached his hand over the bar and I brushed it lightly before grabbing it and shaking his hand.

"I'm Nathaniel, but you can call me Nate." I smiled at him.

"Are you gunna be starting school here?" he questioned.

"Yeah I am." I say while taking a sip of my milkshake. My phone started to ring as I finished my meal. "There goes my father now. I'll see you around Matt."

"I'll be waiting." He smiled.

--------
Sorry of the wait I've been busy with college and all finally got a spare moment.
This is just a short chapter to get the story started I promise the will get longer and better.

Let me know what you guys think, I'd love to know. Also, what do you guys want to see in this story in the future?