TWO

"KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!" The sound of strong front door was the only thing that could be heard throughout the building. Obviously waking me up out of my slumber. I made myself at home in a lovely shop I had bought the week before. It was a modest building that sat in the center of town. The second story served as a loft.

Going downstairs I sluggishly open the shop doors revealing a charming man with black hair and piercing blue eyes. "Sorry man, we set up shop Friday. Is there something I can help you with?"

"I need a locator spell on a girl," he said bluntly.

"You don't seem like the type of person to believe in psychics." I smiled.

"No, I don't." He admits. "Yet I know a witch when I see one." The vampire reaches into his pocket and pulls out out a vile of blood. "This belongs to her."

I eyed the guy over one more time I obviously knew who he was. One of the only three mystic falls vampires. My skin shivered as Damon's cold hand made contact with mine. "That'll definitely work. Come on in." I reply, taking the vile across the shop with the Damon following closely. "I'm Nate if your wondering, yet it's not like you care. I'd ask your name but I'm more confused about how you knew I was a witch."

"Come on a teenager moves into an old shop on main street by himself. Can you scream magic any louder." He scoffed. "It's Damon, can't you just do your little bippity boppity boo so I can get out of here?"

With a smirk across my face I take the vile with my left hand and sling the blood onto a map hung on the wall. "Bippity Boppity," I mock' with my right hand stretched out. The blood draws across the map into on spot. "Found you."

Just as I say the words the entrance bell dings, and my surprise visit has already left before I can spin around.

***

After hours and hours of work getting the shop clean it was done. I was at that point tired enough to give it a break and walked down to The Grill for a drink.

Walking through the grill I plant myself in a seat at the bar. Reaching into my pocket I pull out a charmed piece of paper and hand it to the bartender. To me it was just a scrap piece of paper with a sigil drawn own but to anyone else it would be what'd look like a valid driver's license. However, judging by the number of teens that hung out at the Mystic Grill, being over twenty-one probably didn't matter.

"One whole bottle of Tequila, two glasses and a pitcher of ice." I ordered. Without even turning around I knew immediately that the blonde boy had walked into the bar. Being half werewolf had its perks, as super senses alway comes in handy.

A moment later the bartender came back with everything that I had ordered. "Are you really sure you can handle all this by yourself?" He questioned smiling in a flirting way.

"Actually I'm with him." I say turning around to see Matt sitting in a booth by himself doing a summer assignment.

"Come on. Matt Donovan, really? The guys a buzzkill, heck he's not even gay." The brunette bartender tries to persuade me. Honestly he wasn't that bad looking if it wasn't for my duty as a Mikaelson, I probably would have stayed and enjoyed the company. However I stand up and pull the money out of my wallet. Paying for my order and making sure to leave a hefty tip. I bid the man farewell before grabbing my stuff and heading to the booth that Matt was in.

I could had easily gotten drunk with the man and took him back to my loft. However, for the plan to work I wouldn't be able to. The play was simple, form a relationship with someone in Elena's friend group and make himself important. For that to work his relationship with the quarterback would have to seem as genuine as possible.

"Someone looks a little down, and I need a drinking partner." I say, smiling down at Matt. For a second a smile tugs across his face before being replaced by the same frown that was there moments ago. "Guess that cute bartender was right, your not into me."

Playing coy I go to grab my stuff and pretend to leave. Only stopping when his fingers gently wrap around my wrist. His soft yet firm hand radiating warmth.

"I don't want you to leave." He confesses, his eyes where puffy and his voice low. It was evident that he had been upset about something. His grip loosened, allowingme to take a seat acrossfrom him."My sister died recently, and my mom's nowhere to be found. I'm just so alone right now."

"That's a completely natural response Matt. I don't know if this makes a difference but I think your a great guy, and I'm always here if you need me. So technically your not alone." I say, rubbing my fingers against his playfully and all bashful like. Pulling my hands away I open the bottle and pour the Tequila into two glasses before adding in the ice. "I had a feeling you could use a drink."

We had been sitting at the booth for what seemed like an hour or so, just talking, laughing and drinking. By that time Matt's buzzkill mood had finally went away, replacing itself with a momentary peace. Being the person I was emotions where something I could never understand, but maybe that was because I was void of emotion by nature. Getting a couple drinks in however, always seemed to loosen my heart for a moment.

"Ethan can be such an asshole. Honestly, I can't believe he said I wouldn't be into you. Your an awesome guy." Matt laughs. His cheeks slightly red.

"So.. your into me?" I ask, rubbing my knee against his under the table.

"Definitely. When I'm talking to you it's like time slows down and everything goes back to feeling normal." He admits, looking back into my eyes as he speaks. "My friend Bonnie thinks I should man up and ask you out already. So I was wondering if you'd go to senior prank night with me? It's this thing where we set up pranks at the school. My friends are gonna be there. Its the night before school starts back."

"Matt I'd love too, but there's something about me you should know first and I don't want to start something with you without telling you about it." I sigh, with the visit from Damon Salvatore earlier it would be almost impossible to keep my witch side a secret. In this moment it'd be best to reveal that sliver of information.

"What's that?"

"I'm a witch." I confess, looking down at the table before looking back at him. "I know that sounds crazy but I can prove it."

"I was scared you were gonna tell me you were a vampire." He smiles. "I believe you and I'm ok with that."

___________
Not Edited
___________
I've been away from writing for a little while but I figured now was the time to get back into it. Between work and college I'll try to update when I can and I promise to try not to that such a long hiatus again.