𝙩𝙬𝙤

James and Lily were not surprised to notice some slight changes over a few days, they had noticed she had a swirl of mint green in her eyes clashing with her baby blue

James had noticed she had his nose, he hoped that she didn't inherit his blasted potter hair.

Of course more changes would be noticeable as she grew up.

A German Shepherd patronus came running in the room before looking at the child in James's arm before tilting its head, confused before speaking.

"Hey James, I imagine you and Lily are feeling a bit depressed and I gathered as your best mate it would be my duty to help you feel better I'll be over in 10." Sirius's voice shone through an edge of concern for his friends showing. He knew they needed time however he also knew they would never forgive him if he allowed them to remain in a sorry state. It would take time he was sure and he was prepared for that.

"Lils get Lana and go upstairs I'm going to make sure Sirius takes an oath." James shouted down for him study.

Lily who was currently in the kitchen feeding Lana quickly went upstairs.

Sirius flooed in a few moments later and quickly pulled James in for a hug however frowned and furrowed his eyebrows when he didn't feel James's arms around his. Seems like this was getting to them more than he thought.

"Sirius I need you to swear something to me." James started.

Sirius pulled back confused, "anything you need Jamie."

James's face turned slight red, "first of all we decided to drop that name in fifth year, second I need you to swear on your magic that what happens next will next leave this room."

"I sommely swear on my magic that I will not tell anyone what happens next." Sirius did so without hesitation. Before casting a lumos charm.

It was only then Lily walked out holding Lana.

Sirius stilled, he knew they couldn't have a baby. Did James somehow forget the risk Lily's life was under or did he decide to ignore it. Whatever the answer was Sirius knew it couldn't have been good. He let his shock consume him, Lily and James having a baby it was all they wanted however even they knew it was foolish to have a baby in the middle of the war.

"James what have you done?" Sirius questioned his best mate, the one he was sure was responsible for this surely he wouldn't put Lily's life at risk all just so they could maybe have a family, is this why he didn't see them for a few months.

James spluttered seeing protectiveness build up in Sirius's eyes, "Nothing."

"Well obviously you did something." Sirius raised a brow and pointed his left index finger towards Lily and the baby.

"Is this the baby that you were supposed to have then." Sirius asked hesitating for the answer.

Lily and James went pale a deep frown on their faces.

"No." Lily answered, "However I will love her as my own."

"Wait so prongs knocked some other girl up." Sirius spoke before hitting James, "and this is the result." He glared down at baby, this baby would not be the end of James and Lily's relationship it wouldn't be possible.

Lily who watched James get hexed a couple of times smirked, that would teach him right to not piss her off when she was reading.

"Sirius it's not like that." Sirius paused so Lily continued, "She was at our doorstep, that storm earlier we think was a result of her arrival she wasn't wet. We decided to name her Lana Nova Potter we think her parents might have left her here." Sirius now stopped glaring at the sleeping baby letting out a sigh of relief.

No matter how much he loved Lily and James he knew it would be hell if they broke up. He knew James would not stop going on about it, he had to deal with it enough at Hogwarts now it was Lily's turn.

"And we want to name you Godfather." James butted in.

As Sirius smirked, "don't you mean Dogfather."

Lily just sighed and looked down at Lana and spoke softly, "I hope your daddy doesn't rub off on you don't think I'll be able to handle-" Lily stared at them both before looking them up and down judgement clear on her face. "Another one."

"Hey!" They both protested.

"We are amazing!"

"How can you say that about your husband that you are willingly married to."

"Did I go willingly?" Lily stared at him dryly making James pout and Sirius laugh.

"Where are the papers?" Sirius asked.

Name: Lana Nova Potter
Birthday: July 31st 1980, 7:52pm.
Mother: Lily Jane Potter.
Father: James Fleamont Potter.
God mother:
Godfather: Sirius Orion Black
Signed by: Rhea Amy Jackson.

Sirius signed his names on the papers James had given him before standing and raising his wand.

"I swear on lady magic to recognise Lana Nova Potter as my Goddaughter alongside punishing me in accordance if I fail as Godfather." Lily stared at Sirius in shock that vow meant that no harm to befall Lana under his care whether intentional or not. He would be punished.

Sirius slowly moved to take a sleeping Lana from Lily and grinned down at her as Lily frantically tried to fix the way he was holding her.

James also stared however for another reason he knew that vow contained strict rules that's why it wasn't practiced as often if at all among anyone the only people who knew of this kind of magic was purebloods. It wasn't commonly practiced when people started bleeding out due to a child tripping and cutting up their leg, it was only due to their neglect that the child fell which is why they were punished.

James smiled softly at the pair, he knew Sirius would never turn his backs on them.