06

in between

in between

———

I was just resting in the infirmary when didn't realize na nakatulog na pala ako, siguro dala na lang din ng pagod.  Some time has already passed and when I saw the wall clock, agad akong napabangon, forgetting my injured foot that I was reminded of again with the stinging sensation.

Nakalimutan kong may laro pala ngayon si Bacon and to be exact, he's up against Caf, what a coincidence.

I rushed out of the building despite my aching foot and headed to the now crowded gymnasium na ngayon ay puno na ng mga hiyawan at sigaw para sa kupunan na gusto nilang manalo. The scoreboard tells that our team has 7 points advantage and there are only less than fifteen minutes left before it ends. I took the space in the higher seats and watched from there.

Buti na lang at nakahabol pa ako kahit patapos na ito.

Tangina. My foot feels like falling off and if Caf or maybe like a nurse sees me like this, siguradong sermon and abot ko nito. But then I really need to see this game, it's like one of those once in a lifetime comet passing by the earth.

I was busy gasping for air when I saw Bacon look my way while he's steadily standing in the middle, lifeless, and stiff almost like a statue. Our eyes only met for a split second at hindi ko nga alam pano nangyari yun, in a crowd where the number of people could make someone dizzy, he easily found me.

A smirk escaped his lips and started running again. It's as though a sign that something's just about to happen.

He hurriedly ran together with his teammates and finally got a hold of the ball. Nang mahawakan niya ang bola, it seemed like he has no plans to let go of it yet. Agad siyang tumakbo papunta sa ring at tumigil din ng ilang metro pa ang layo. It was a foot behind the three point line and I don't think he can make it.

Lalo na at nahagilap din ng mata ko si Caf na dali-daling humabol sa kaniya. They jumped almost at the same time, siguro ay nauna lang si Bacon ng ilang segundo at nang bitawan na niya ang bola sa ere, mabilis itong lumipad papasok sa ring.

That was almost like a miracle shot, reviving everyone in the of court and the bleachers na nawalan na ng pag-asa.

Naghiyawan ang mga tao, they were celebrating and cheering for the person who had now his back turned from us and is back in his game. Most of the people who cheered for him are girls at that too, iba siguro talaga kapag may appeal, kahit transferee pa lang ay sikat na agad, crowd's favorite pa.

At this rate, they have a chance of winning and I don't know why but I'm relieved knowing that.

While everyone's attention are on him, I saw Caffeine in the middle of the court, halatang pagod at naiinis na. He has his bawled his fist and is hardly moving from his position.