-CHAPTER 8-

-Minji-

It was lunchtime at our university, and my friends and I were in the schoolyard eating our lunches. "You did what?!?" Wonyoung yelled in front of my face. "I didn't know that Kim Minji could do that," Karina said, laughing at the story I told them about what happened between me and Haerin last night at the convenience store.

"I just had some guts to do that, so..." I said, feeling frustrated as I whipped my head to another direction, only to see Haerin walking towards a boy who looked familiar. My curiosity got the best of me, and I asked Karina a question I shouldn't have. "Karina, is Kang Haerin single?" I said, still looking in Haerin's direction as she approached.

"You know the answer to that," Karina replied casually. "Just freaking answer it," I insisted as I turned my attention to Karina and Wonyoung back, who were looking at me teasingly. "Of course, she's single," Wonyoung said, rolling her eyes. "The other day, I went to the arcade for some me time and did something embarrassing because I saw Haerin with a man, and now I'm seeing her-" I didn't finish my words as Karina suddenly blocked my mouth with her hand, shutting me up. "Sorry about that," she said, "she had a very upset stomach earlier, that's why she's spitting nonsense right now." I turned to see who Karina was talking to and saw Haerin with the man.

Just now, it felt as if the world around us stopped when her eyes met mine. Those eyes seemed to want to say something, but couldn't. I can't help but fall deeper for this girl - her beauty, brains, and kindness are captivating. I don't know why, but even though I tried to push her away, my feelings have only grown stronger. It's like something is twirling around in my stomach, a sensation I can't quite describe. I don't just like her; I love her. This feeling is so overwhelming and beautiful; I can't help but embrace it.

"Come on, Haerin, you don't need to listen to them," the man beside her said, disturbing our little moment. Haerin left with the man without saying anything.

"Maybe she isn't single anymore," I said out of nowhere, catching the attention of Karina and Wonyoung. "Is that the man you're talking about?" Wonyoung asked me, to which I nodded.

Wonyoung sighed and said, "That is Jungwon - Yang Jungwon, Haerin's older brother. They don't have the same father, which is why they don't share the same surname. Her brother is completely the opposite of her," she explained, piquing my interest in knowing more about her family.

"Minji, calm your ass. Your eyes are gonna pop out," Karina teased.

"If Haerin is introverted, then Jungwon is extroverted. If Haerin is shy, Jungwon is the opposite. They basically don't share anything in common. But even though Jungwon is like that, he is a genius with computers. I've heard that he's graduating this year with an outstanding performance in Computer Programming. At least he has something to be proud of," Wonyoung said before sipping her coffee.

"Where did you even get that?" Karina asked, raising an eyebrow. But before Wonyoung could answer, the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over and we needed to get to our next class.

-Haerin-

After school ended, I felt relieved that the professor extended the deadline for our interview project. I planned on heading to the basketball court to see Heeseung and ask him something. However, Jungwon asked me to get something from his car because he had to do something in the science lab. As I was walking, I was taken aback when someone suddenly approached me and put their arms on me.