1 | 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕

𝟒 | 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭

𝟒 | 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭

...🌙...

PRESENT, BEACON HILLS

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

Cold.

It was the only word I could use to describe Beacon Hills. Considering it was in California, You would think it would be warmer.

"Ready?"

My finger moves against the window's condensation, purposely ignoring my sister.

"Romy," My sister sighed.

I stilled my finger and dropped it to my lap. "I hate moving." I looked at her. "I want to stay in one place."

"You know why we have to move." She pointed out.

"Bastian worries too much," I muttered, leaning against the headrest.

"We all have to make sacrifices." She explained. "You'll understand..."

I rolled my eyes. "...when I'm older." I got out of the car. "You and I know that's a bullshit excuse, Raven."

Raven came around the car and stopped looking at the passenger window. "Do you draw that?"

I looked and lifted the strap of my bag higher on my shoulder. "Yeah. It's a spiral."

Raven's eye never left the spiral I drew on the window, grabbing my hand and frowning. "Let's get you to the office before you're late."

I felt the stares on my back as soon as Raven dragged me through the threshold into the warmth of Beacon Hills High. My mouth was set in a hard line, trying to ignore the crowd of students whispering and pointing fingers at us.

"We're here to see Principal Thomas." My sister informed the receptionist.

I leaned over the desk as the woman wondered, "And you are?"

"Raven and Andromeda Moreno." My sister answered.

"Have a seat. He'll be out shortly."

I sat in one of the chairs against the wall and waited. I was used to this routine of meeting the principal and everything else after.

But that doesn't mean I like it.

I don't want to get attached to a place and have to leave again in six months. I want to finish high school in one place, even if it's a small town in the middle of nowhere.

"Ms. Moreno's,"

I got up, following my sister into an office before claiming one of the chairs in front of a desk.