2 | 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆

𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥

𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥

...🌙...

PRESENT, BEACON HILLS

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

"Do you have it?"

I kick the front door behind me. "In the bag, sis."

"Perfect." Raven smiled.

I entered the living room, dropping the bags at my feet.

"Mateo will complain that we're watching the Notebook again." I reminded her.

Raven grabbed the bowl of popcorn off the coffee table. "And I care because..."

"Now that just hurts," Mateo called out.

I turned, and he came down the stairs, plopping beside Raven on the couch. He reached for the bowl in her lap. "Don't fight over the popcorn. I don't want to clean up your guys' mess."

"She needs to learn to share," Mateo grumbled.

Raven rolled her eyes. "I thought you had a date tonight."

"It's tomorrow," Mateo said, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV.

I ignored their bickering and grabbed the DVD out of the bag. I looked at it, grasping it between both hands when a shiver went down my spine.

A roar echoed in my ears, muffling everything around me. I blinked and slowly turned around in the darkness that surrounded me. I froze when beady red eyes met mine. I felt fear seep into my bones and on the tip of my tongue when a monstrous wolf stood a couple of feet away. The wolf charged, and a murderous growl escaped its mouth, and it headed straight for me. I turned and tried to run away.

A piercing scream escaped my lips, and pain sliced my back. I felt hands on my arms shaking me, but all I could see was the wolf standing over me.

"Andromeda!"

I blinked, and my vision changed, seeing Bastian's piercing blue eyes staring at me with concern. He gripped my arms, and I glanced around to find Raven and Mateo looking at me with the same concern in their eyes.

A gasp of pain escaped my lips, and my knees buckled. I felt myself falling to the ground. Bastian wrapped his arm around my back to slow my fall, and I screamed.

"Romy, tell us what hurts?" Raven demanded.

"M-My back." I gasped out.

Bastian carefully lowered himself to the ground with me in his arms. I felt myself shake and pressed my cheek against his shoulder.