7 | 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕

𝟏𝟎 | 𝐂𝐨-𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝟏𝟎 | 𝐂𝐨-𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧

...🌙...

PRESENT, BEACON HILLS

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

"Allison...when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping...a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I expected."

I looked around the woods, keeping up with Allison's brisk pace. I held Lydia's hand, trying to prevent her from stumbling through the woods in her five-inch heels.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something..." Allison started. "Jackson invited me to the winter formal."

Lydia's eyes widen. "Did he?"

"Uh-huh. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first."

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." Lydia smiled tightly while holding my hand in a death grip.

Allison looked over her shoulder. "Well, yeah. I mean, it's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything..."

I raised a brow at her and the glare she sent my way. "I didn't make out with him. Scott made out with me."

"Oh, really." Allison frowned.

"Yeah, you're going to have to take that up with him," I grumbled. "I'm still pissed at him about the whole thing."

Lydia pulled me to a stop and gasped. "Please tell me that Scott McCall didn't steal your first kiss."

"Oh," Allison said, blinking. "I just thought..."

"That I've kissed a lot of boys before." I guessed. Allison shrugged. "Yeah, kinda hard to do that with two overprotective brothers watching my every move."

Allison threw a black duffel bag on the ground. "So you don't like Scott?"

"No," I scoffed. "He's all yours."

"What does that do?" Lydia spoke up, effectively changing the subject.

I watched as Allison screwed an arrowhead on the end of a black shaft. I looked at her wearily as she got to her feet, nocking the arrow onto her black bow.

"We're about to find out..." Allison smirked.

Allison pulled her arm back and breathed, releasing the arrow.

I ducked as pieces of bark exploded off the tree from the second the arrow hit it. I slowly lifted my gaze, looking at black scorched marks where the arrow hit it, and frowned.