5 | 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒄𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍

𝟖 | 𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜

𝟖 | 𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜

...🌙...

PRESENT, BEACON HILLS

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟏

The jerking of the car coming to a stop pulled me out of my thoughts. I blinked, staring at my school, and all I could think of was five nights ago when I was inside, fearing for my life.

I never wanted to feel that way again.

"You can stay home?"

I looked over at Bastian and the concern in his eyes. "I have a chemistry test."

"We can homeschool," Bastian suggested.

"Bas," I started turning to him. "Raven is here. I'll be fine."

"And she's got me."

I rolled my eyes at my twin before he hopped out of the car.

I pushed the door and swung my feet. I waited as Bastian grabbed my hand and hopped before he pulled my crutches out of the car. I settled them under my arms and could feel my brother's eyes on me.

I knew he didn't want me to return to school because he couldn't protect me, not like he could out here. But I won't let the wolf or alpha, as my brother kindly told me, win and force me inside my house, worried that he will attack again.

"Call me if you need me," Bastian said. His eyes looked down at my bandage ankle. "You should be out of crutches in two weeks."

I nodded. "Bas, I'll be fine. I promise."

I turned from him and pushed myself into the school.

"We are watching his family's house. Maybe he'll wind up there?"

I stopped gripping my crutches as the Sheriff and his deputies left the main office. The conversation looked tense as they tried to talk in hushed whispers.

"Give me a second—" Sheriff said to his deputy. He walked over, and my eyes turned to Stiles rushing to his feet. "Don't you have a test to get to?"

"What's going on?" Stiles asked. "Did you find Derek yet?"

"I'm working on it," Sheriff answered. "You go take your test."

"All right, Dad, listen to me—" Stiles started.

His dad cut him off. "Go!"

"This is really important!" Stiles rushed out. "You have to be careful tonight, okay? Especially tonight."

I turned from them and headed for Mr. Harris's classroom for my dreaded Chemistry test.

Mr. Harris didn't care that some of his students almost died in the school. It didn't stop him from postponing his test.