nineteen. (LAST CHAPTER)

"Ow," I winced as Zoë poked another pin into me.

"Stop moving!" She whined as she adjusted my dress one last time.

"It's my birthday today, not my wedding," I said, tucking my hair behind my ear.

Zoë rolled her eyes and stood back to admire her work, or my dress.

"OK, we're done with your dress."

"You said that half an hour ago."

"I mean it this time."

Zoë clapped her hands excitedly and did a mini jump.

"Time for your make-up!" She said, turning me around, facing the mirror.

I groaned and sat down.

"Can't I just order pizza and spend my birthday with Netflix?" I whined.

"Aw, you actually think I'm letting you do that?" Zoë said. "Cute." She finished, with a wink.

___________________________________________

"Okay, Theo will pick you up at around 5-ish, and from here he'll take you to the venue." Zoë said, as I admired my makeup in the mirror.

I nodded my head as Zoë walked out the car.

"See you tonight!" Zoë said, winking.

I waved bye to her and walked back inside to examine the makeup the she did for me.

I had turquoise eyeshadow to match my dress, with winged eyeliner and light pink lips.

I looked at my watch. 4:14PM.

I shrugged my shoulders as I picked up my phone.

1 message from: Mom

Shai,

Happy Birthday my beautiful girl! I wish I could fly out to see you, but hey, you never know!

Mom xx

Wondering what the hell my mom was talking about flying out to see me, I typed a reply and locked my phone.

Following Zoë's strict orders, I didn't touch my makeup or fiddle with my dress for the next 45 minutes, before hearing the door bell ring. I jumped up and answered the door and opened it to a bouquet or red and pink roses, followed by Theo's smiling face.

"Happy Birthday beautiful," Theo said, leaning in to give me a kiss.

My cheeks burning, I put the flowers in a vase and turned to face Theo.

"So I take it that Zoë hasn't told you where we're going?" Theo asked, rhetorically.

"Nope, you know her. She only gave me the timings and how I was getting there. Wherever 'there' is." I said.

Theo laughed and put an arm around my shoulders.

"I guess you'll just have to be surprised then," He said, motioning to the door.

_________________________________________________________

"Keep. Your. Eyes. Closed." Theo said, now gritting his teeth.

I stifled a laugh as I once again tried to pry his hands off my eyes.

"I'm sorry, is this annoying you?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"Okay. We're here."

Theo finally brought his hands off my eyes and I gasped at what I saw;

Robinson Atrium, our first filming location of Insurgent.

It had been 3-4 months, but it was my favorite filming location out of all of them.

"I remember this place," I said.

"This was where I first fell for you," Theo said from behind me, the warmth of his arm now around my waist.

"Let's go inside." Theo said, wrapping his hand around mine.

I nodded, knowing Zoë, Miles and Ansel were inside waiting.

I stepped into the hall, which was pitch dark and had an echo.

I saw a flicker of lights before they came on, and saw everyone from back home!

"SURPRISE!"

I jumped a bit, then laughed, along with the rest of my friends and family.

I stared at everyone noticing all the cast and crew, including my closest friends, I ran up to my mom, who I noticed as soon as the lights came on.

"Mom!" I yelled as I gave her the biggest hug.

I heard an impatient voice from behind her. "Excuse me?!"

I smiled and gave my brother a hug that lasted a good 60 seconds.

"Tanner, I missed you." I said, my voice stifled in his t-shirt.

"I missed you more big sis,"

I turned around and gave everyone else who came big hugs until it came to Zoë.

"I hate you for not telling me my mom was here," I said, sarcastically, smiling at her.

"Oh shut up," she said, pulling me into a hug.

I walked my way to Theo, who I knew organised this with Zoë.

"Thank you," I said to him, giving him a bear hug.

"I love you Shai," He said, lifting my chin so I could look at his eyes.

"I love you too." I said back, turning my head to look at everyone else.

_______________________________________

I cut into the cake, my eyes sparkling at its vanilla frosting.

"Thanks guys, you made everything so special," I said, looking to my mom and brother.

They look very hyped up for some reason, and Zoë looked nervously excited.

I searched the room, but I couldn't see any sign of Theo.

"Hold on," I heard a voice from behind me.

"There's one more surprise," Theo said, now standing in front of me.

"Shai, I have never been happier in my life and that's because of you. You never fail to amuse me, you always keep me content without even trying, and everyday I fall in love with you all over again. Who else do I need to spend my life with?"

"Shailene Woodley, will you marry me?"

________________________________________________

You know how you have those moments where you just don't know if it's real life or if you're sleeping, in a dream and any moment you're going to wake up?

Well, I sure as hell wasn't in a dream, and Theo was actually asking me to be his life partner.

"Y-Yes," I stammered out, a smile plastered on my face.

Three letters was all it took for the entire room to sigh of relief, and break out cheering and celebrating.

Theo picked me up and spun me around laughing.

And in that moment, I knew finally that

I was his. And he was mine.

-------------------------------------

THATS IT GUYS! IT'S OVER! Thank you so much for reading xxx

I'm putting a new book of poetry up today, please check it out x

ILYASM<3