|Prologue|

🝮︎︎︎︎︎︎︎ To the magical moments when souls recognise each other in an instant

Before I knew it, I was yours forever

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT... It's an inexplicable feeling. A warm and safe feeling. An exciting feeling. A confusing feeling.

It's almost as if you're meeting someone from your past life.

Some people might not believe in it and others will keep their faith, seeking for the time when they will lock eyes for a while and say "It's going to be you. "

But some will only understand it when that special person comes along and steals their heart.

Could love at first sight only be the recognition of a soul we loved in a past life and fall in love with once again?

Or could it be two people looking at each other for years and realising that they have loved each other all along?

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Autumn's sweet breath chills the sleepy land:  hillsides still displaying a few flowers here and there, moor and forests. The air getting cooler, the northerly winds more frequent - just a hint of the cosy evenings and hot soups to come.

The young boy jumped over a bearberry bush, breathing fast as he chased his friend through the woods.

"David! Wait for me! That's cheating! You left first!" he exclaimed, trying by all means to catch up with his friend who had taken a considerable lead.

"You should run faster then, Tommo ! The last one home will have to give his share of dessert to the other!"

"That's not fair!" exclaimed Thomas outraged.

He redoubled his efforts not wanting to lose the dessert that his mother would have prepared for him and David when they returned from their outing in the woods.

He pushed harder on his small legs, feeling the wind whip against his face. His feet flew over the ground covered with autumn leaves of multiple colours, going from ochre to brown.

Suddenly, as he was running, he felt his foot bump against something hard and solid and he crashed to the ground, miraculously not hurting himself.

"AH!" he exclaimed surprised.

He had stumbled against a tree stump covered in moss and hiding between hardy grasses. Upon hearing his friend's shout David turned and stopped running.

"Tommo! Are you alright?!" he shouted, running up to his friend, the idea of getting to Thomas's house first quickly forgotten.

"I tripped over this tree stump." grumbled Thomas putting his hands flat against the top of the trunk. He felt some funny bumps and he took a look.

"Hey, what is that? he asked, pointing to the funny inscriptions written on the wood.

David leaned in as well, his fingers brushing the inscriptions with his fingertips.

"It looks like ancient inscriptions!"

Thomas let out an exclamation of surprise as  he stood up.

"They are probably very old inscriptions which served as an incantation for a ritual!"

David looked at him with wide eyes.

"You think ?"

Thomas nodded enthusiastically, wiping the dirt and leaves from his knees.

"- First home won't get possessed!!" he suddenly exclaimed, sprinting away.

"HEY! TOMMO! THAT'S CHEATING!!" exclaimed David frowning before himself, sprinting after his friend, having no desire to be possessed or whatever his friend was saying.

The two little boys ran through the forest, jumping over tree trunks and bushes, their laughter echoing through the woods causing fearful birds to fly up and let out surprised cries, flapping their wings.

They finally emerged from the forest, reaching instead the hillside covered with wild heather dancing in the wind, leaving behind them the mysterious tree stump.

*

*

If you look closely, in the countryside of the Highlands, in a wooded forest, among hardy grasses and bearberry bushes on a tree stump covered in moss, you might see the inscription:

P. S+K. H

This inscription retraces the winter of 1992, when two young men fell in love.
I didn't last long but it was the most beautiful moment in their life. It was the winter of a lifetime.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

*.✩ 𝗌𝗆𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾:

Hello Hello!! It's a bit late I know, your birthday has passed for a while now but hey, does it matter? Not really as you say xD! 

Anyway buckle up guys we are going for a ride :D !

- Seraphine -'ღ'-