I Loved You Since The First Time I Saw You

_______________________

And then I met you

_______________________

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

SCOTLAND HAD ALWAYS BEEN one of Seonghwa's favorite regions, particularly the west coast of the Highlands. There was a unique strength and authenticity there. Bad weather drove away tourists and vacationers in search of easy leisure and fun, the harshness of the inhabitants saved from hypocrisy.

He liked the herds of sheep, sprinkling all the wild hills with shades of ochre, green and brown, the silhouettes of praying birds high in the sky looking for something to eat. The expanses of wild heather and thistles waved in the cool winds, copper-coloured stags would run across the valley.

He always felt more intensely alive when he inhaled the scent of wood and earth or gazed at the great expanses of trees of different types stretching endlessly beyond the hills. All his senses were captivated by these magical places, full of ancient stories.

But as he let his mind roam, he slowly became aware that his steps had taken him to a wood he didn't recognise, he was alone and evening loomed on the horizon.

He had only gone out to clear his head. The people caring for his mother were too overwhelming for his taste. They were always there explaining the pros and cons of the course of medication that his mother was taking. He'd had enough and sneaked away while his mother got her usual dose of vitamins injected to perk her up. She had had liver cancer and had miraculously survived to the greatest relief of not only Seonghwa and his father but the whole family.

His mother had then declared she wanted to travel to supposedly recover and regain strength, which had astonished her husband. "A good Highland wind is just what I need to get back on my feet," she had said. So they had packed their bags on the first day off that Seonghwa's father had managed to get, and arrived after a long tiring drive through Scotland, the country that Seonghwa had known first since childhood. His mother's sister had lived there for a long time having preferred to stay in the countryside and the wilderness rather than living in a big city, constantly disturbed by the sound of traffic and the constant noises of people passing by, making their living.

But back to the present.

Lost.

It was the most relevant term anyone could think of when seeing him that way.

So there he stood, no clue about his surroundings, in a place he had never been before. Being in a forest all alone with nothing but a barely working watch he had strapped to his wrist was a bad place to be but he had no choice in the matter, he was well and truly lost.