You can't just touch my soul and then leave

_____________________________

"Time ends too soon when I'm with you"

_____________________________

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

"ARE YOU SURE that's how you cut carrots?"

Hongjoong looked at Seonghwa who was looking over his shoulder, a pout on his face.

"What difference does it make? In the end they will be mixed with the rest of the ingredients."

Seonghwa preferred not to say anything, resting his head on the other's shoulder, watching him chop the carrots as if they were onions.

Seonghwa had been spending his days with Hongjoong for about a week, much to the delight of his friend and his mother, Miss Abernathy, who seemed to want to adopt him. His mother found no inconvenience, knowing full well that it was not much fun for him to stay at their aunt's watching her slowly recover. Anyway he was a grown man, he could take care of himself. As long as he was safe, she was content.

"Oh screw it, let's just bang everything in and call it a day" grumbled Hongjoong putting down the knife and gathering the weirdly chopped carrots and the flecks of coriander that lay upon the chopping board and throwing them in with the rest of the ingredients already boiling nicely in the pan.

"Once you've mastered making a basic soup, you'll always be able to prepare a nice meal in no time at all," Miss Abernathy had told them when they had so suddenly decided to prepare lunch.

Seonghwa was not quite sure they had mastered this first attempt...

Miss Abernathy suddenly came rushing into the kitchen, arms flapping, a panicked expression on her plump face.

"Heavens! Hongjoong! The Bread!" she cried out, rushing to the oven where a loaf of bread was baking.

"Good lord! One minute more and it would have been burnt and you would have had a clout!"

She then got it out of the hot oven and placed it on the kitchen table in the middle of the kitchen to let it cool down.

"Right, I shall go now that my bread is out, I'll leave you two boys to what you were doing," she smiled putting down the knife she had used to check the bread. They both nodded and Hongjoong sat down at the table and rested his head on his hands while Seonghwa stirred the simmering soup; it would be ready soon.