Is She Hot?

We sat in silence for a bit till I had a question.
"Winston, when are we supposed to get to Tulsa?" He grabbed my wrist and looked at the time, it was almost 1:00p.m. "Another hour probably" he said.

"Dallas?"
"Hmm?"
"You never told me what your family was like."
"I'd rather not talk about it too much. Let's just say my mom sucked and my dad sucked. I had overall bad parents."
"Oh I'm sorry"
"It's whatever."
"Is that why you live by yourself?"
"Lemme guess, Two told you that?"he said half smiling
"Yeah" I said with a giggle
"So what happened to your old man?" He asked
"He passed right before my 13th birthday. My mom had just gotten pregnant with my little brother, Jona. But my dad had been sick for years, like ever since I was 10. That's how I met Keith. His mom was friends with my dad."
"Mmm" he said nodding his head, "you got any other siblings?"
"Yeah, I got two younger brothers, Jona and Alex, and an older sister named Alondra. Alex is 8 and Alondra is 18-."
"Is she hot?" He interrupted.
"MY SISTER?"

"Yah I'm obviously not talking about you. I can see you and you're not hot." 

"Ouch and yeah I guess she is" 

"You should introduce me to her, I bet she'll love me." 

"You're not even her type" I said laughing.

"Says who? Im everyones type"

"Her Boyfriend isn't you, or looks like you." I said looking straight at him. His dark brown eyes looking right at me, smiling,  maybe he's MY type...I thought to myself. 

"Thats fair" he said back to me. 

(A/N: sorry for the weird format change, I'm using  a computer and for whatever reason when I hit enter, it spaces the lines out waaaayy too much)

----

We still had about an hour left of the ride. We were both bored and tired. Dallas was sitting next to me, a cigarette in his left hand. I was sitting on his left side, so I took his cigarette and took a drag.  When I went to hand the stick back to him, he didn't take it, so I looked up at him, and I noticed he was already looking at me. He was staring right into my eyes, dark brown looking at dark brown. My stomach filled with butterflies, what is happening??? I haven't felt this way in a while, even when I was dating my ex. 

"May I help you?" I questioned.

"Yeah," he said grabbing my face 

What?  I thought to myself 

 He was looking right at me, right in my eyes. His eyes went down to look at my nose.

 "Where'd you get this done at?" he said, pointing to the piercing on my nose. it was a small diamond stud on my right nostril. 

"Can you let go of my face?" I said, swatting his hand away. "A friend did it for me at his house a few years back."

"His? Was it your boyfriend?" He asked annoyingly, stretching out the word  'boyfriend'.

"Yeah I guess it was something like that." I answered him.

"Was?" he said cocking an eyebrow.

"Yeahhhh..." 

-----

We had about 30ish minutes left of the ride. I was really tired. I wanted to actually sleep for a bit, in a real bed. I leaned my head back against the walls of the cart and shut my eyes. I felt someone grab my shoulder, "Here," it was Dallas offering his shoulder for me to lay on. "Thanks, how long do we have left?" 

He grabbed my arm to look at my watch, "Probably about 30 minutes"

"Okay"

-----

We finally made it to Tulsa. The guy on who had caught us before came in to the cart and woke us up. Dallas fell asleep too, resting the back of his head against the cart. 

"Yall love-birds gonna wake up or what? We're here" He said laughing. 

I was too groggy to say anything back, I just wanted to go home

----

We walked outside and found a phone. The first thing I did was call Keith,

"Hey dude, we just made it."

"OH MY DAYS! FINALLY!! ILL SEE YOU WHEN YOU GET HERE?"

"Yeah man, of course" I said, grinning real wide. 

"Okay don't spoil too much for me, I'll see you here" Keith said to me. I can tell he was smiling over the phone because his voice got a bit higher, something I caught that happens to him. 

I felt someone grab the phone from me, "I'm taking her out to eat so you'll see her later," and slammed the phone back on the hook. 

"I DIDNT EVEN GET TO SAY BYE BRO" I said punching him in the arm. 

"Ow Perez, that one actually hurt a bit. But you'll see him later, so don't be such a baby about it." 

"Yeah whatever." 

I was actually really happy we were going to get food. I was starving. Ive only eaten a couple bag of chips, water and cigarette smoke the whole time. 

----

Me and Dallas were walking down the street from the phone.  It was getting warm, so I took off my jacket. Dallas held his hand out for it and put it in my backpack he was holding for me. I was left in my baggy t-shirt and my pants obviously. Dallas looked me up and down, before looking out into the street. There was a weird, awkward silence between us. Like one of us wanted to ask a question. I went to open my mouth to ask him a question, but he beat me to it, 

"So what happened to your boyfriend?" 

I laughed,"The same thing your "girlfriend" keeps doing" 

He turned to me, "Don't bring Sylvia into this!" He was pointing his finger at me. He was real upset. "Then don't ask me questions." I said back. 

"How do you even know that?"

"Who do you think told me?" I said, starting to walk away. 

"Perez, you don't even know where you're going." 

"I can figure it out, I'm not a child."

"Under the law, we both are." 

I turned around, sighing, "Whatever Winston, where are we going anyways?" 

"The Dingo!" He said grabbing my hand and smiling. 

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Thank you for reading!! Again sorry for the switchup with the format lol. My computer refused to let me change the format.

 My computer refused to let me change the format