Scene

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Spat Samantha's mother.

Aurora grabbed the other woman by the front of her gown.

"You'd destroy your child just to move up in social rank. You're not fit to be a mother, and that glitter you're chasing will never touch your hands." Aurora warned coldly.

The woman pushed herself out of Aurora's grasp.

"Aurora, is something wrong?" asked Mr. Kaufmann's wife as the couple approached the group.

Adam took his mother's clutch bag, his hand hovering over the clasp. As the hosts inquired about the disagreement between the women, Samantha's father also approached the group.

The girl's mother made a scene, demanding the hosts give her justice as Aurora not only physically attacked her but also lied and insulted her. Mrs. Kaufmann, who had always been fond of Aurora, found it difficult to believe the other woman's story and instead asked for Aurora's account.

"Enough with the histrionics, Clarisse. I've known Aurora for years; she's certainly not like you've described. Aurora, what happened?"

"Forgive me, Amalie, but I can't disclose the details to you. I'd advise you not to associate closely with her."

"How dare you sabotage me! Do you think you're the only one entitled to wealth and fame, while the rest of us must never succeed? We can't all rely on our families like you. My husband has worked hard for this chance; we deserve it!"

"Not at the expense of your integrity." Logan said over the crowd as he pushed his way through.

Logan walked over to Samantha's father and laid a heavy hand on the other man's shoulder. "If I were you, I'd take my family home right now."

Samantha's father glanced around the room, weighing the situation. His daughter's clothes were torn, and his wife had just made a scene in full view of the other guests. He nodded in agreement and walked over to Samantha and Aurora.

"Sammy, let's go home." He said softly as he patted the girl's head.

"Home?! We can't go home now!" His wife raged. "Can't you see they're trying to ruin you; ruin us?"

"Look around, Clarisse; you're the one doing the ruining."

Aurora gently pried Samantha's hands from around her and bent to meet the girl face-to-face.

"Hey Sammy, Look at me. Everything is going to be okay, I promise you. Right now, your dad is going to take you home, okay?

The girl nodded.

"If your mother does anything that makes you sad or uncomfortable, call me, okay?"

Again, the girl nodded and sniffled.

"Here, swap numbers with Adam as well."

The children swapped contacts, and Samantha walked away with her father. She glanced back at Aurora, who gave her a reassuring smile and wave. Samantha's father grabbed his wife by the hand and dragged her away, protesting.

Adam handed Logan an injector, and no sooner than he did, Aurora was rocked with a coughing fit. The attack was mild, and Logan didn't need to apply the medication. With his mother stabilised, Adam's father bid the hosts farewell again, and the family left the hotel.