𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐠𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝
-𝐦𝐠𝐦𝐭

Chaos. Immediate chaos upon the Ninja's arrival. Before Cole could even think about finding (y/n), he was ambushed by numerous Sons of Garmadon, the rest of his team following in the fight.

He tried so hard to just focus on the bad guys- the innocents in any situation always bothered him more than anything- but today, he just couldn't. He threw a punch, dodged another, kicked out and threw in some light taunting, stuttering when he saw the damage that had been done to the college.

Innocent students- kids- lay on the ground, their arms above their heads. Some crying, some screaming in pain, and others frozen in time on the ground, their eyes open and unseeing. The Earth Ninja froze when he saw a particularly young-looking girl facing him, one arm outstretched like she was asking for help, although her eyes were already dark. Blood soaked the ground around her.

His age- he forgot he was technically still a kid too.

He didn't know why, but that one girl became his main focus. He threw a punch into a man's chest and twisted around, roundhouse kicking him into a group of men that were running at him. He locked eyes on the girl again, slowly letting his eyes unfocus until it's like his body was relaxing.

His arms dropped and he slumped over slightly, chin almost hitting his chest. He couldn't move; did he even want to? Or could he just be content to stand there and stare at the girl until she either moved or someone shoved a blade through his chest so he joined her?

Dead? She's dead? How long has she been dead for? Is there a pulse? Can she be saved? How old is she? Does anyone know? What will her parents say? Siblings? Does she know anyone here that she might be related to? Couldn't save her. Ten seconds- five seconds sooner. Would that have worked? Did she wait for us? Fingers outstretched- was she alive when we came in? Did she see us? Was she waiting for us to help her- save her? Did it hurt? How long was she in agony for before she passed? What if-

His head snapped to the side, hands suddenly gripping the sides of his face. He let his gaze be guided forward again, locking eyes with Kai, who was on his knees right in front of him with worried eyes. Wait, when had he fallen to his own knees?

"Don't do this now, Cole. We have a job to do; don't leave us, buddy. Not yet. You need to help her," Kai knew that was probably a dick move, bringing up the one person that Cole was not supposed to be thinking about right now, but when Cole got like that, almost nothing could break him out of it.

Said man straightened and stood up, breathing deeply like he was going to hurl any second. He clasp Kai's shoulders, dropping his head again and leaning forward until he was resting his head on the Fire Ninja's chest.

"Hey, lovebirds, are you two done yet? In case you haven't noticed, you're still getting shot at," Jay said snarkily from where he was hiding behind Nya, his girlfriend giving him an unimpressed look as she twisted her fingers, summoning up water to drop at a group of men's feet. Jay kissed her cheek and then pointed his finger at the ground, a bolt of lightning following the line.