𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐢'𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥
-𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Rock, paper, scissors! Rock, paper- come on, Cole, stop cheating," Lloyd shrieked as he slapped said man's hand away from where they were hunched some feet away from where I was now lounging on the deck in a chair Cole had fetched for me.

Like the dog he was.

Cole let out a laugh and shoved Lloyd back, who stumbled away and fell onto his back.

"How are you winning every time?" the Green Ninja complained, throwing himself back onto his feet. Cole shrugged and ambled over, where he leaned on the railing next to my head. I subtly shifted further away, eyes on Lloyd, who was still pouting as he stared down at his hand.

"Because you pick scissors every time," Cole enunciated like he genuinely couldn't believe how Lloyd didn't know (valid).

"Not the point," Lloyd said, letting his hand fall as he walked over to me. Actually, more like if pouting was a kind of walk; that's what he did. Like when kids get told to do something and their body gets all droopy and they drag their feet and whine.

Whine, Lloyd.

He didn't.

"(Y/n)," Lloyd whined- ugh- as he got on his knees and shuffled over to me. I subtly sat up in the chair I'd been slouched down in and raised an eyebrow as he reached for my hand, grasping it in both of his like he were about to kiss it.

Oh, wait, he did.

"Please, miss. I really don't want to socialize with anyone's parents after what happened today. Especially considering I will definitely get blamed for it- so please, if you would, consider taking Dwayne, who stands behind you glaringly so," he said in an old "by the king's decree" accent of a Renaissance type.

Staying quiet for a few moments to give him hope, I shook my head and grinned as he wailed out loud, dropping onto his back on the deck.

"Why! If nothing else, tell me why!" he cried dramatically, pointing at me with one arm thrown over his eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and pursed my lips, sparing a glance at Cole, who was giggling quietly at his teammate's antics.

"Well, I guess I could take someone else. I mean, who needs the big, strong- and who can forget hot as hell- Green Ninja around, right? But, it's okay, I get it. If you can't handle it, I'll take-"

"Let's go."

I paused from where I was in the middle of standing up. Looking over at Lloyd, I almost burst into laugher. His face had hardened and he was staring off into the distance with his cheeks sucked in and one eyebrow raised to give him the "Chad face".

I let out a giggle, ignoring the way he side-eyed me, still not letting up on the face he was making. Cole was losing his mind behind me, laughing so hard that he was stumbling on his feet.

"Come on, (y/n)! Before I lose all my confidence. We have to do this now," he said, suddenly a lot more serious than before as he strode over to me, reaching up to pull his mask down over his face. Suddenly the situation lost all humor as Lloyd then reached out and shoved me over the railing of the ship.