Part 39

"So what was that call about?" You ask finally finishing up drying yourself off, his residual grouchy and grumpy demeanor was now completely gone and was replaced with the usual clingy teddy bear you'd come to love.

"Just some business troubles," he replied, his voice carrying a mixture of weariness. "One of my guys screwed up again, and we lost a substantial amount of product. It's frustrating, you know? I put my trust in people, and they can't seem to get it right."

You could see the weight of the situation on his shoulders, and your heart went out to him. You had witnessed Trevor's business-related stresses before, and it was never easy for him to deal with these setbacks. Despite the nature of his work, he had a genuine sense of responsibility towards his associates and a desire to protect them.

"I'm sorry to hear that," you said, trying to convey your empathy. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Trevor's lips curled into a half-smile, appreciating your offer of support. His large figure came up behind you as you felt his large arms wrap around your sides and his face settles into the crook of your neck, "Ready for round two already?" You giggled at the sensation of his breath tickling your shoulder.

You blushed at Trevor's playful remark, feeling his warm breath against your skin sending shivers down your spine. Despite the serious nature of the conversation, he always had a way of lightening the mood with his cheeky and affectionate demeanor. "You know what I mean."

Trevor chuckled too, his deep laughter vibrating against your back. "I know, I know," he said, his lips brushing against your ear. "And I appreciate your willingness to help, but I can't drag you into anymore of my shit. Besides if it's who i think it is, idiot always stashes his loot in the same fucking place. Always a pain in my ass because i have to find someone to unlock a safe when I don't just get rid of everyone in that stupid safe house and do it myself."

"Wait, They've done it before? And they always go back to the same place?" You ask a little confused, even though you weren't criminal that sounded a little out of place.

"I know, not the brightest group of brothers in the bunch, sometimes I think they just start to miss me y'know?" Trevor smiled at you while he shrugged on his jacket that last bit of clothing left, he had a tough exterior, but you knew that deep down, he appreciated having someone by his side during challenging times.

"Must be that rugged charm I love so much." You tease with a grin as you walk past him quickly grabbing his butt before scurrying away to the kitchen.
Trevor let out a hearty laugh at your playful remark, enjoying the banter between the two of you. He followed you to the kitchen, his affectionate nature evident as he wrapped his arms around your waist from behind again, resting his chin on your shoulder. Your poured a glass of water basking in his affection wishing this moment could stretch on forever.

"Ah, so you're saying my rugged charm is the reason they keep coming back for more trouble, huh?" he teased, his warm breath tickling your ear. "Well, who can resist this charm?" he added, playfully flexing his muscles for emphasis.

You giggled, leaning into his embrace. "Oh, I don't know, maybe I can resist it," you teased back, pretending to be unaffected by his display.

Trevor feigned a hurt expression, clutching his chest dramatically. "Ouch! You wound me, my love," he said, his voice filled with mock distress.

Unable to hold back your laughter, you sit your glass down and turned around to face him, placing your hands on his chest. "You know I can never resist you," you said, your tone softening as you looked into his eyes. "You have a way of making everything better."

Trevor's playful facade softened, and he gazed at you with genuine affection. "And you have a way of making me feel like I can take on the world," he said sincerely, his hands moving from your sides to your face, caressing your cheeks. "I'm lucky to have you by my side, especially when shit gets messy."
You smiled, touched by his words.