Chapter 2

"Hmm. I see." Jiji says, studying me intently, most likely checking to see if I'm telling the truth or not. My face it stoic, showing no emotion. No weakness. Jiji sighs and stands up. I watch his every movement as he walks to the hospital room door and stops. "When you are fully healed, come to my office. You know where it is, if you're who you say you are." Jiji turns around. "I'm trusting you, Naruto-kun. Don't let me down."

Jiji snaps his fingers, disabling all of the silencing seals he had placed around the room. All of my built-up tension releases when he walks out the door. I catch my breath and sit on the hospital bed. A tear slips down my face.

•°●♤♡◇♧●°•

Two weeks later, my wounds are fully healed, and my chakra is fully replenished. I feel better than I have in a long time due to the war. I quickly put on my tattered orange and black jacket and pants on and walk out of Konoha Hospital. It felt nice to see the streets of Konoha again, even though they weren't exactly the same as my timeline.

As I walk through the village to the Hokage Tower, I spot a white fluff of hair, making its way through the crowd of people. I feel greatly tempted to follow it, but I need to get to Jiji, or I'll lose his trust. It probably wasn't too strong, anyway. I reluctantly turn the other way and sprint to the Hokage Tower.

Jiji smiles when he hears a knock on the door. "Enter." He says, and I walk inside. As soon as I reach his desk, I bow and await questions, scolding, or even death. "I see you came." Jiji says. "Hai." I reply. "Thank you, Naruto-kun, for not betraying my trust." I smile and say, "I wouldn't even dream of it." And stand up straight. "You're in good health?" Jiji says. Well, it's more of a question. I nod. "Good. Then we can begin." I cock my head to the side. Begin what?

Two ANBUs, a boy with silver hair, wearing a dog mask, and a boy with long brown hair, wearing a cat mask, appear in a shunshin beside me. They bow and say in unison, "Hokage-sama." Jiji smiles and says, "Dog. Bear. This is Uzumaki Naruto." My eyes dart to the ANBU. I definitely recognize Dog because of his silver, gravity-defying hair, but I couldn't quite place my finger on Cat.

I could feel the shock radiating off the two boys. About right now, I was a baby. Kakashi's sensei's son, who was barely a newborn, was standing right beside him. Tall and at least 3, almost 4 years older than him. Their gazes shifted to me.

I was surprised they didn't attack me. It must be really confusing to them, and I look like an intruder. "You will be sparring with him to test his level." Jiji said, and my eyes widened in shock. Test? Like Genin, Chunin, Jonin test? Dog and Bear said, "Hai." Jiji stands up from his desk and snaps his fingers. Suddenly, the ANBU boys grabbed my arms and shunshinned us to a training ground.

Training ground 44, also known as The Forest of Death. It wasn't that deadly, in my eyes, but it looked very intimidating as a Genin. Jiji appeared soon after us, Hokage hat and robes, the whole shebang. "Naruto-kun," Jiji said, earning looks from the ANBU. "You will spar against Bear, and if you can handle him, I will send in Dog. Head into the forest, and when I give you the signal, Bear will enter." I nodded and said, "Hai," before sprinting and jumping into the trees.

630 words.