Chapter 1: Prologue

"So let me get this straight; I died."

"Yup."

"And while I do get to be reincarnated, I don't get to pick my powers, and I don't get to choose which world I go to..."

"Yup."

"Ok. so how is it decided then?" I asked, feeling myself growing slightly irritated.

"Simple, through our new patented gatcha system!" the angel replied with the most fake enthusiasm I had ever heard.

In case you're curious, my name is Y/N; and recently I died. Honestly, you all know how this story goes by now right? Saved kid from getting hit by a truck, and then get hit by said truck myself. Then I got shoved into a cramped office cubicle with an overworked angel whose trying to get me reincarnated as fast as possible so they can move onto the next client.

Who knew angels had daily quotas to meet?

That basically brings us back to the present. From what the angel had just finished explaining, the guys in-charge of this whole reincarnation system had started to get annoyed at how many dead people had recently come to the afterlife with the expectation that they would get to be overpowered harem protagonists. (And had then thrown massive hissy fits once they learned that they wouldn't immediately get powers like omniscience or absolute creation.)

One or two people with those kinds of wants were totally fine, (heck, the bosses were even fine with a few million of them), but ever since the idea of being isekaied had become more mainstream across several multiverses in the Omniverse, it was all starting getting to be rather ridiculous.

(And the poor angels could hardly keep up with all the paperwork.)

"All you have to do is press this big red button." the angel continued calmly. "The roulette wheel will spin, and whatever it lands on are the powers you get in your second life. We also offer an optional training course to teach you how to use your new powers. It's highly recommended you do it; especially in light of all the recent...accidents that have been happening."

"...What accidents?" I asked wearily.

"Well...a little while ago, one client got to reincarnate with the powers of the Legendary Super Saiyan. And as soon as she woke up, she tried powering up, immediately lost control, and accidently blew up the planet she was on. Died in the vacuum of space 7 minutes after starting her new life."

"..."

"Then there was this other guy got the power of Saitama from One Punch Man. As soon as he starting walking, the shockwaves from his steps caused a global earthquake which then triggered all the volcanos on the planet to go off at the exact same time." 

"The client's still alive by-the-way, it's just everything else on the planet that's dead

"The client's still alive by-the-way, it's just everything else on the planet that's dead. So, do you want the training?"

"YES PLEASE!"