02

"it's only natural
that it's still dark
in the end
time will solve it"
-sunrise (ateez)

꒷꒦ ; ch. 2: a sliver of fading light

san attempted to keep the conversation between them to flow naturally, but it seems like the wall that wooyoung had built was too secured with not a single crack for him to sneakily sneak in, or atleast take a small glimpse of what was behind the wall.

wooyoung didn't even let him try to climb over the wall, just completely shutting him out when san tried to ask questions about the younger one.

san let out a defeated sigh, well, they had just met. and on a not so great day for wooyoung too. so, san waved the white flag for now. figured he'll get to know wooyoung as time passes by, as they get to hang out more, if the younger one allows.

when they saw the classroom sign 203, both of them stopped in front of the door. wooyoung turned his head towards san with a hesitant look, "what about you? is your class far from here?

san waved his hand no, "not at all. you should head in, have a good time."

"thank you, you too" wooyoung nodded, placing his hand on the door

"I hope to see you during lunch time, please don't forget about me" san smiled, watching wooyoung give another nod as he slid the door open.

wooyoung stuck his head out and waved goodbye before sliding it close. san couldn't help but chuckle at the action, feeling quite giddy. he woke up in a good mood after all, he already knew the day was in his favor. and so it turns out his hunch was right, he met a new friend and he couldn't wait to introduce him to his circle.

as he made his way back to his building, which was almost 10 minutes walk away from wooyoung's building, a frown found its way on his face. but would introducing wooyoung to his friends scare the younger out? would it be too much for him?

he worried a bit, deciding to shrug it off for now and jogged to pick up his pace when he saw the time indicating he was about to be late.

wooyoung walked in his class while looking down, he could feel the curious pairs of eyes on him and the bead of sweat forming on his forehead. he cursed internally, sucking a breathe and walked towards an empty seat.

he had already talked to the principal and his teachers, he asked them a favor; not to call him to the front to introduce— to which wooyoung regarded as 'embarrass'— himself.

they hesitated for a bit, but upon looking at the poor boy picking on his nails. they agreed and instead informed the students ahead that there will be a new student.

wooyoung was beyond grateful to the teachers for their consideration, so he came up with a resolution to do well in his academics and live up to their expectations.

the seat beside him was occupied by a blonde guy, since their seats were by the window, his fair skin glowed graced by the sunlight. his sculpture like appearance made wooyoung almost hesitant to sit beside such a handsome guy. he had a birthmark by his cheek, his chin propped on his palm. he looked like a cold person, but the air around him was gentle.

wooyoung silently sat, but to his dismay, his seatmate turned to him. wooyoung awkwardly looked around, anywhere but the handsome guy.