04

"So please
If this is my path
Hold my hand tight
So I won't wander for long"
-mist (ateez)

꒷꒦ ; ch. 04; it's all you, you and you

wooyoung awoke by the sound of the bell ringing, he adjusted his eyes squinting a little at the bright light. he was about to sit up when he noticed a familiar figure of a raven haired next to the bed, his forehead resting on the bed.

wooyoung looked around. they were in the clinic, and san's coat was on him over his blanket, covering his chest up to his chin. he didn't want to admit it, but it must be the raven haired's scent that he was able to nap.

"oh, thank god" he heard san sigh in relief, he looked at him and saw san standing up while he rubbed his eyes, "how do you feel?"

the first response wooyoung taught of was to apologize, but before he could even open his mouth to do so, san raised his hand a little, stopping wooyoung in his tracks.

"are you gonna apologize again?," san asked, eyebrows plowed a little and wooyoung could only guiltily look away. "woo, there's nothing to be sorry of or for, alright?"

"still I-" wooyoung stopped, it had just registered to him how san referred to him with a nickname, woo? that's so adorable

san looked at him waiting for him to continue with a small pout on his lips. when wooyoung just stared at him, he arched an eyebrow.

wooyoung shook his head, it must've meant nothing. "still, I bothered you"

"of course not," san reassured, "I willingly carried you, mkay?"

wooyoung only hummed. not yet convinced but he didn't have the energy to carry on this little argument so he just dropped it, accepting the fact that san didn't want him to apologize, burying deep down the guilt, "thank you"

san smiled softly, the frown in his face gone, "no such thing as well," he stuck a little of his tongue out playfully

now it was time for wooyoung to frown, "what?"

"say, how about no apologizing and no thank you's between us?" san proposed, pulling a chair and sitting on it

"which means?"

"we don't say thank you or sorry to each other"

"but what if I smacked your head hard; you started bleeding, do I still not say sorry?" wooyoung questioned, raising an eyebrow

san chuckled, "I trust you won't do that,"

wooyoung's expression softens at that without knowing it himself, "you trust me so much, we've only just met yesterday"

giggling, san titled his head to the side, "mhm, isn't it weird? it feels like I've met you before. and feels like I've known you for forever"

"you're crazy," wooyoung shook his head, paying no mind to the fluttery feeling in his stomach and the faint shade of bubblegum that crept at the tip of his ears and cheeks, ignoring the warm sensation. "and what if you just saved my life, am I still not allowed to thank you?"

san thought hard, "then let me rephrase it. stop apologizing, instead start thanking, does that work now?"

"still doesn't," wooyoung crossed his arms, "if I accidentally tore your uniform, do I thank you?" he asked and held san's coat in his hand

at this point, san pouted as he waved his arms in the air in defeat, "fine! but, please never apologize again for things like these. I really did everything willingly, you weren't a bother and I wasn't bothered."