four!

While the boys were at the fair, Polly at church, Ada at Freddie's and Penny and Jacob grounded, Tilly got bored and stared at her homework that was laid on her vanity

While the boys were at the fair, Polly at church, Ada at Freddie's and Penny and Jacob grounded, Tilly got bored and stared at her homework that was laid on her vanity. She picked her pencil up with a loud sigh and began to fill out the equations until, she completed three questions and decided to take a walk, which her brothers would kill her for if they found out she went out without a blinder accompanying her.

She slipped on her shoes and coat and made her way out the front door and turned right to go towards the sweet shop. As she made her way down the street, people moved out of her way which frustrated the girl to no end, she hated how her last name made people scared of her.

Tilly opened the door to the sweetshop where the owner, Mrs Boyd, looked up from where she sat doing her crossword at the counter and sent the girl a smile. "Ah, Miss Shelby. On your own today?" she asked.

"Yeah, Finn's out with my brothers and Penny and Jake are grounded," she explained as she made her way around the shop, grabbing handfuls of sweets and placing them in paper bags before moving to the counter to grab some lollipops before leaving a few pound on the counter.

"You know you don't have to pay Miss Shelby," the woman said, sliding the money back.

Tilly shook her head, "I know but I want to, it's only fair the amount of times me and Finn come in it's enough to put you out of business."

"If you're sure," Mrs Boyd said, confirming she could keep the money.

"I'm sure, keep it," Tilly smiled at her before grabbing the bag and waving to the woman and making her way out of the door and back to her house.

"Did you see the coppers on horses making their way down watery lane?" Tilly overheard a woman say to another as they looked towards her. Tilly's eyes widened before she set off in a sprint to get back to the shop before the shop or house got raided.

She burst through the door and ran straight into the shop, opening the door to John's office and gathered all the books before running up the stairs to hide them under the loose floorboard in her bedroom. Once the floorboard was back in its original place she heard heavy footsteps coming from the betting shop that were too heavy to belong to Pol and they definitely didn't belong to her brothers because her name wasn't being bellowed by Arthur. Tilly had managed to sneak out of the house and run to John's where the babysitter gave her a weird look.

The girl spent her whole time looking out of the window and watching as the coppers and Inspector left.

When she got back home she went upstairs to see that the floorboard hadn't moved but her homework and book that were once on her vanity were now on the floor and ripped. She rolled her eyes at the sight and let out an annoyed sigh.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The brunette wore a bored expression on her face as she sat in the kitchen of six watery lane, reading the same line of Little Women over and over again. Her eyes flitting between her homework which was  laid under her elbow as she tried to read how the March sisters had braided Meg's hair for her wedding.