hand holding

It was the long-awaited spring break. Y/N waited at the train station for Suna's arrival. She was sat on a bench as she scrolled through her phone, her foot tapping against the concrete floor. Numerous Instagram posts flew through by her gaze as she mindlessly double-tapped every single one, almost mechanically. She was so emerged in her act that she became unaware of her surroundings. Y/N suddenly got brought back to reality from a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and was met with the awaited Suna, who had a soft smile present on his face.
"Hi!"- She responded rather sheepishly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she stood up and turned towards him.
Suna offered another small smile as he extended his arms out. Y/N caught on to his advances and enveloped him in a hug. He wrapped one of his arms around her waist, and the other went around the back of her neck, bringing her face closer to his chest.
"You're...choking me."- She spoke, her voice muffled in his hoodie.
"You're much more shy in real life than I thought."- He caressed her hair and placed a kiss atop of it before pulling away from the hug.
"That's not true."- She argued, nudging his chest.
"Like hell it isn't, look at you all bubbly and happy to see me. You haven't even degraded me once."- He pinched her cheeks.
"OW! THAT HURTS, IDIOT!"- She spoke incoherently.
"Fine, fine, whatever, I'll be a good boyfriend."- He let go of her cheeks, brushing his thumb lightly against her bottom lip and chin as he pulled his hand away from her face.
"Where's your luggage?"
"Rrright on my back."
"Hm?"- She turned him around by his waist before she let out a loud gasp.- "YOU FIT A WEEK WORTH OF LUGGAGE IN A BACKPACK?!"
"Huh? Is there something unusual about that?"
"WELL YEAH!"
"You're overreacting, Y/N. Let's just go leave the backpack at your place and then go out."
"Go...out?"- She clutched the strap of her handbag that hung on her shoulder.
"Yeah. We're going on a date."

...

What needed to be done was done. The couple was now walking side by side around the Shibuya District, which was even more crowded than usual. As she clutched the strap of her handbag, her elbow would occasionally bump into Suna's, causing their eyes to meet before they quickly shifted them away to the shops around them, gazing at the displays in silence. Suddenly, they neared an area of Shibuya, which
was filled with people pushing against one another. Y/N was yanked by a sudden force, causing her to slightly trip, but Suna caught her forearm, stopping her from falling down.
"This is so embarrassing."- She mumbled to herself, Suna surprisingly catching onto her words.
"It's not."- He pulled her upwards and steadied her.- "Hold onto me."
Y/N hesitantly wrapped her hand around his, their fingers intertwining as he began pulling her throughout the crowd, occasionally looking back to check up on her. As the crowd grew larger, the hand-holding turned into waist-holding. Their bodies flush against one another due to the awful amount of people pushing each other. Surely enough, the pair had enough of this pushing around and settled for stopping by a nearby cat-café. As they made their way inside, they were met with the curious cat eyes following every single one of their movements as the couple attempted to choose where to sit.
"Oof, this is so tough!"- She complained.
"Just choose the table where you find the cats cute."
"That's the problem! They're all cute!"
Just as she was stuck, unable to choose, a Siamese cat kept looking at her, its eyes twinkling and following her movements.
The decision was made. The pair settled for a table at the very deep end of the café. Lofi music played, setting a calm mood to the interaction. Suna and Y/N sat next to each other as a waitress took their orders. Suna settled for a latte and Y/N ordered her favourite drink. Awkward silence filled the air as they waited for the beverages they craved.
"So..."-Y/N attempted to start up some sort of conversation, but was very much unsuccessful.; Suna was far too focused on the cat that was lovingly rubbing its' head against his calves.
"Hey...Aren't you going to lift it...pet it?" - She nudged his shoulder.
"I don't want to get cat hair on my hands."- Suna answered bluntly. "Oh..." Y/N reached down to the floor and lift the cat, placing it on his lap. Suna raised a brow about to question her, but her blue coloured nails caught his attention. They weren't deep blue, no- just a pastel baby blue which nicely coated the nails on her gentle hands.
"They're blue."- Suna acknowledged out loud.
"Hm? Yeah! I mean- you asked me to get them blue this time, did you not?"- She tilted her head confused, earning a chuckle from her boyfriend.
"Nothing...nothing."
"Come on~~ ! Tell me! Why are you laughing~~?!"

...

The pair finished their drinks all the while enjoying company from the cute cats. They spoke a lot and got a lot more comfortable being face to face. They had walked to her home, hand in hand. Suna had already met her mother when they left his baggage in her house, but now when they entered the house, there was a middle-aged man sat on the dining table. Suna had convinced himself before coming to Tokyo over the vacation that he wasn't scared of meeting Y/N's dad...but now he was kind of doubting himself. The man sat on the table, squinting his eyes at the boy, and looked him over. Suna bowed suddenly, making the girl next to him flinch all the while removing her shoes. After a long time of introductions and Suna being stared down by the strict dad, Y/N was able to persuade her dad into letting him sleep in the same room as her. The next day was going to be hectic...
"Night, Suna."
"Goodnight, Y/N."
The two laid beside one another, Suna's arm tucked under her shoulders as she nuzzled into his side. They were getting their deserved rest.